Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband BUT no phone?

rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Broadband BUT no phone?

No not complaining...these things happen.
Went to make a call last night (0800 number, free on home phone - small mortgage on mobile) and had no dial tone. Did all the checks - different phones, filters, sockets etc - then realised I still had internet connection. Most odd.
Phoned plusnet on mobile phone ( incidentally i demand £1000 compensation - well I can dream  Wink ) After a brief chat and a few more checks the help-desk assistant informed me that while we were talking he had tested the line and confirmed that the fault was in the exchange. The time scale for resolving this was 4 days.
Imagine my delight when, out of idle curiosity, I 'phoned home' ( everyone now pictures ET don't they?) and it rang. All sorted. 10-15hours!
Brilliant service, many thanks. It's all too easy to complain.  So just wanted  to put a tick in the positive feedback box,  Smiley Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
itsme
Grafter

Re: Broadband BUT no phone?

Quote from: rogadodge
Went to make a call last night (0800 number, free on home phone - small mortgage on mobile) and had no dial tone.

There is one Virtual Mobile operator that do not charge for 0800/0500 numbers. I'm with them and a few weeks ago I was thankful that these calls are free.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

It's less common but faults can occur at the exchange after the point where the line divides into the PSTN (phone) and broadband networks.
Good to hear that was resolved really quickly, and over a weekend too. Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
coleysar

Lucky you! I've had exactly the same problem as you described...but it's still not been fixed over a week later. I've contacted Plusnet through the website and now twice on the phone (not looking forward to the mobile bill) and still no joy. So much for their much hyped 'award winning customer service'; I think the only award I'd give them is 'complete failure to provide decent service award'.
Not a happy customer.
Angry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

You can ring Plusnet on 0345-140-0200 or  0114-296-5198 if that gets you cheaper calls on your mobile.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi coleysar,
I can see from the fault notes that an engineer investigated your fault yesterday and our suppliers believe the issue is now resolved, please can you let us know if this is the case or not? Sorry it took a while to get things sorted (if indeed they are, hope so).