Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back the ability for customers to raise a ticket via App or Website

JakTheBiscuit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Bring back the ability for customers to raise a ticket via App or Website

Bring back the ability for customers themselves to raise a ticket via App or Website.

Because it is asynchronous and because there is no capacity problem makes it invaluable.  It was a very poor decision to make it unavailable.

Thanks.

p.s.

Attempting to use phone is hopeless as wait times are usually 15 mins or more.

"Online chat" is often unavailable (and you have to enter a question which the agent cannot see, so you have to type it twice), (and it is often very slow even after an agent starts the conversation)

67 REPLIES 67
JakTheBiscuit
Rising Star

Re: Bring back the ability for customers to raise a ticket via App or Website

I just spent 46 mins online in the Chat program - do the agents have to deal with multiple chats at once? 

The delay between each agent reply to my typing could be as long as 10 mins,

Sometimes you don't need a solution immediately, you just want to raise the ticket and have it dealt with.

shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

I could not agree more.  This has to be a very inefficient way of dealing with queries.  I cannot understand how Plusnet have changed this.  Raising a ticket was functional and reliable - it was effectively the same as "Chat" except that it was offline.  In other words, you could raise an issue, go away and wait for answer in due course, come back to read the reply, comment on the reply just like "Chat", go away and wait for answer in due course, come back again to read the latest reply, comment on the reply again, and keep doing so until the issue was resolved.  Members did not have to spend hours waiting in queues for either telephone or "Chat", and Plusnet staff did not have to be immediately available to answer but could pace their handling of the issue.

What we have instead with "Chat" is a Plusnet agent dealing with five questions at a time, getting them muddled up and responding to the wrong member, upsetting the member for being stupid and eventually getting so confused that the agent responds with rubbish.  It is MOST unsatisfactory.

When I took Plusnet to Court last year for loss of service for five days - and won £300 compensation - the Judge at the end of the case then said that he was going to address Plusnet's barrister directly about their appalling customer service.  He proceeded to tell the barrister that their customer service was unacceptable and that Plusnet had to address the customer service failings which lead to the Court case. The Court's time should not have to be wasted again.  His remarks were supposed to be brought to the attention of Plusnet management.

Since BT acquired Plusnet in 2007, it has been downhill all the way in terms of customer service.  Paul Cusack and Lee Strafford must both be very saddened by what has happened to Plusnet in the intervening years.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for your feedback on this, 

We do respond both here and on social media as a way of picking up queries that don't require an immediate response.

Feel free to PM me if there are any specific queries that you might need to have dealt with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

We do respond both here and on social media as a way of picking up queries that don't require an immediate response.

The problem with the fora as a fault reporting system is that Plusnet then reply with a ticket on the individual's account because it contains  personal information. The thread is often hijacked by other people saying they have a similar problem, and it is easy to lose the original problem in the resulting mess. Messages being moved from one forum to another, or being split, by moderators also make any resolutions harder to find.

It also makes Plusnet look bad as the fora are indexed by Google, so anyone searching for Plusnet sees long lists of problems but few solutions, as they are on individual tickets that aren't public.

I assume that Plusnet thought that by forcing customers to post problems to the fora that other users would often resolve the issue without Plusnet staff having to do anything.

I would also point out that often people do expect an immediate response - they have often failed to get through by chat, or have given up trying to get through by phone after being on hold for extended periods.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @corringham,

I am sorry this is your experience on our forums. I can certainly see your point of view with regards to an OP issue getting lost among other customers responses, however, the forums was set up not just as another way for Plusnet staff to help customers  but also for users to help each other with things Plusnet may not necessarily support, such as configuring 3rd party routers, VPNs etc.

As Adam mentioned previously if there is anything we can do to resolve any issues you may be experiencing please PM one of the staff members on this thread and we can investigate and help resolve them.  

Thank you.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

I was just making a general point about the downside of using fora as first-line support. I see the value of them for users to help each other, but other users can't help with line faults or account queries.

My own specific issues (2+ months waiting for a refund, no final bill, no invoice for initial payment for business account, no bills at all for business account) are already spread across numerous threads and have been in two tickets for so long I have now received the automated deadlock e-mails for them.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

This has become a rather bad catch 22 issue...

Plusnet does not allow issues to be raised by tickets.

Plusnet does allow issues to be raised in the forums ... the resolution of which might inform other users, potentially leading to self help...

But Plusnet will go use the ticket system to report resolutuon...

Making the whole process something akin to a comedy farce.

The SUs have raised concerns over resolution characteristics (as opposed to personal specifics) being ‘burried’ in tickets. It does not suppport the user base becoming self sufficient and defeats the primary benefit of a public support forum.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Mads wrote:

As Adam mentioned previously if there is anything we can do to resolve any issues you may be experiencing please PM one of the staff members on this thread and we can investigate and help resolve them.  

This is a perfect example of how the forum has lost value as an information source as any potential helpful/useful information will be hidden in a PM.

quelquod
Pro

@Browni wrote:

@Mads wrote:

This is a perfect example of how the forum has lost value as an information source as any potential helpful/useful information will be hidden in a PM.

And that’s it in a nutshell.

There has been a forum on PN (and Force9 etc.) for ever, which was always essentially a self-help group with expert users. The ticket system was used for problems which were down to PN to fix. Now the whole thing has been lumped together with PN staff contributing on a ‘best efforts’ basis but without the proper issue tracking and ownership that tickets gave. It’s just a sloping shoulders method of shrugging off customers’ problems. Thank goodness there are some expert and dedicated staff here to do a proper customer support job which the phone and chat line are useless for.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
shermans
Pro

I can only re-iterate what the Judge said in Court, because this discussiobn is a prime example of the Judge's complaint.  Plusnet are not listening to either the Judge nor its customers :

"When I took Plusnet to Court last year for loss of service for five days - and won £300 compensation - the Judge at the end of the case then said that he was going to address Plusnet's barrister directly about their appalling customer service.  He proceeded to tell the barrister that their customer service was unacceptable and that Plusnet had to address the customer service failings which lead to the Court case. The Court's time should not have to be wasted again.  His remarks were supposed to be brought to the attention of Plusnet management."

Obviously, it fell on deaf ears among Plusnet staff.

NTO
Grafter

I followed the instructions on the website to make a formal complaint and it funnelled me to online Chat.  The assistant went through the motions and then declared they couldn't help me and I should phone up instead!  Another waste of time.  

I suppose they wouldn't dare have a customer service email address  (or have they?) , because it would just get swamped with complaints.  This way, lots of people just give up.  

I've had a ticket open since 13th Nov and the fix is taking a stupidly long amount of time.  

They have a brilliant system of delay and smoke screen to stop you from getting a quick and meaningful response from someone who might actually know what they are doing.  

As soon as I started asking pertinent questions on the forum, it went quiet.  

I am dismayed at the poor service.  

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi NTO, I understand you've raised a complaint via a ticket on the account via the help assistant.

I believe colleagues have responded to other threads regarding the same issue so I'm afraid there's little further I can add here at this time.

Please can we keep this conversation in one place.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
NTO
Grafter

@HarryB  It is a forum and I believe my comments are relevant to this topic and to other customers.  

I wouldn't be posting anything if I had received great service.  The ball is in your court to improve your game! 

shermans
Pro

Is it not about time that a member of the Plusnet Team actually responded to the OP's original topic, namely why can the old ticket system be brought back again ?  Everyone who has posted here has said more or less the same thing about Chat, Telephone and the Forum.  We actually also have lives to lead and it is totally unreasonable to expect customers to wait in queues for hours just to suit Plusnet's convenience.  We pay the bills after all !

Please can someone from Plusnet therefore reply to the primary issue ?  This is a Feedback forum after all.  Can we have some feedback therefore ?