cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring Back The Old Plus.NET, Is it only me thats receiving poor speed & Service?

a18041967

Bring Back The Old Plus.NET, Is it only me thats receiving poor speed & Service?

>:(I've been with Plus.NET for many years and in the past the service was great, but recently the service is appalling, traffic management is making normal WEB usage a waste of time. Trying to download Apple & Windows updates can take in excess of +8hrs but during the 00:00-08:00 takes 20-30mins. Trying to watch the iPad videos is impossible whereas the iPlayer is perfect.
Then try logging a support call, response time shows +22hrs but your lucky if it's answered in days, and the quality of the answer is well interesting, the suggest to the above was to try a different browse, have i installed flash & java ? ? ?
In the past I was happy to pay a premium for a quality service but now the support, line speeds and download restrictions are the same as all the other poor ISP's and I'm now seriously considering moving to Virgin.
Is this now becoming the normal level of service customers are receiving, or is this just an exception ? 
6 REPLIES 6
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Bring Back The Old Plus.NET, Is it only me thats receiving poor speed & Service?

I dont really know but in the last two month we have had a lot of Virgin and Talk Talk transfers to PN, and they are nearly all praising PN, so think before your jump
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Bring Back The Old Plus.NET, Is it only me thats receiving poor speed & Service?

People from Virgin have been joining up here due to them being appauling, Perhap's you should consider doing the windows downloads etc through the night when your line will be running in Full Line Speed?
Have you thought about moving to Plusnet Pro? Full line speed with no restrictions at all times..
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
a18041967

Interesting, see my reply to :
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,84811.0.html
I personally object to having to upgrade and pay extra for what I'm supposed to be getting e.g. 8mb speed, but if Plus.Net offered the original Pro package that was unlimited and completely unrestricted I'd upgrade. My choice is limited:
80Gb downloads (Premium) with line restrictions £11.99
or
20Gb downloads (Pro) without line restrictions £23.99
One important question we should ask, whats the point of 8mg & 20mb download speeds if the lines are capped, my line is limited to 8Mb due to the exchange and to be honest I achieve high download speeds 6-7mb which is good?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I'm not sure what product you refer too ive only been with plusnet for 10 months, Perhaps when once they were a small company they could afford to do packages like that but now they have a lot more customers the bandwidth does not come from nowwhere? And so categorised traffic so that heavy downloaders etc dont affect other customers web browsing experience which is gold at all times?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: pierre_pierre
I dont really know but in the last two month we have had a lot of Virgin and Talk Talk transfers to PN, and they are nearly all praising PN, so think before your jump

Isn't the point that if the standard of support you get is on a par with Virgin and TalkTalk why not pay Virgin and TalkTalk prices!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
The ticket response you received is clearly not acceptable, and I'll address that with the agent concerned.
With regards to traffic management, we do have to manage traffic, otherwise bandwidth costs would far exceed the income from customers and we wouldn't be around for long.
If you want line speed all the time then Pro is the option to go for, although obviously there is a higher cost associated with that. Alternatively you're looking at scheduling the larger downloads, or allowing for the time taken.
Was your old product any better for you in terms of experience?