cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brain Dead

jpl888
Hooked

Brain Dead

I'd just like to point out, emailing customers who're transferring to you and using their own equipment how to enter their username/password for the broadband connection *AFTER* the transfer has actually taken place, is pretty brain dead.

Please update your systems so this email gets sent at some point *BEFORE* the transfer actually takes place - having to find alternative ways to connect to the internet so you can do a web search to find out what the username/password should be is bloody annoying and completely avoidable.

9 REPLIES 9
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Brain Dead

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Your comments make a great deal of sense ... I'll add them to the super user discussions taking place with PlusNet on user communication.

The sign up journey really ought to ask for (check) that the supplied email address will be accessible before and after the migration.  All of the connection details are available in the user portal under your account details.  It would also be wise to ensure that the contact email address there is one which you will have continued access to.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Tags (1)
jpl888
Hooked

Glad to hear it.

No, the sign-up shouldn't need to - that's an unnecessary complication. Just send an email, prior to the changeover which tells the user they need to log in with "username@plusdsl.net" if they're configuring their own equipment. None of the emails or "welcome" pack gave me this information.

It would also be wise to ensure that the contact email address there is one which you will have continued access to

Again, that's just brain dead - by definition, if you have no alternative connection to the internet, you aren't going to have access to *any* email address. Also, it kind of feels like you're partially trying to blame me for your failure to make things smooth as a company.

When I am doing you a favour and trying to get you to fix something for your benefit, and for the benefit of your other customers, I don't appreciate any attempted "blame", either inferred or otherwise. I could well of not wasted my time bothering to tell you about this, and let other people have reason to have a "black mark" against you. "Black" marks are what add up and get customers to leave, you now have 2 from my POV ...

Mav
Fixes: 514

Townman is a Plusnet customer and not staff who offers his time to help other customers.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jpl888
Hooked

And I care that he's a volunteer because?

I'm giving your company valuable feedback, and you're trying to correct me. Really shouldn't have bothered, and if you sink without trace in the future, that's one of the reasons why ...

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderators are also customers with no access to Plusnet systems or customer accounts. I was not attempting to correct you, I was just pointing out that both Townman and myself as a moderator are not staff.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mav is also a Plusnet customer and not staff who offers his time to help other customers.

Actual Plusnet staff can't be bothered responding to, or implementing constructive suggestions,

so you are not wrong with feeling like you have wasted your time,

which is why so many customers (including me) are looking to leave !.

jpl888
Hooked

Again, I really don't care who is staff and who is not. This is starting to feel like this "forum" is not the correct "forum" to give the company feedback. In which case, Plusnet also do not clearly state where you can provide feedback about the "onboarding" experience, which is again another black mark.

So, so far, 4 black marks, 3 of them because I tried to help Plusnet improve things for other customers, and got damaging/irrelevant responses from people Plusnet can't even be bothered to pay but whom they still allow to represent/moderate their fora and to more or lesser an extent the company. Exploitation anyone?

jpl888
Hooked

Far too much time taken up with this nonsense already today - Going to mute/unsubscribe. If Plusnet want to take it up with me, they can damned well email me.

pikster
Hooked

They might listen to your suggestion, but if history is indicative of the future, then the outlook is bleak.

On a side not, how many black marks will make you cancel your services?