Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blatant Lies

FIXED
pureedfruit
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Blatant Lies

In another post, now closed hence this new post, that I started several months ago entitled "Poor Customer Service", unsurprisingly there has been a difference of view between PN CS staff on the one hand, and customers like myself and another who feels he has recently had a poor deal. Nothing surprising there.

What is surprising, and in my view TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE is that one of the moderators has now chosen to close down the thread claiming "The OP has indicated they no longer want to partake in the thread so it’s time to shut it down". 

This is a blatant lie. The OP (Original Poster i.e. the person that started the thread) is me. I have made no such statement, or had any discussion with the moderator, or any other moderator, on that subject.

Inevitably it leads to the strong suspicion that this forum is not the independent, open forum that it purports to be, and that PN can exert its ultimate control and shut down any discussion at will, particularly one which is critical of its business model, even if only mildly so, as this one was.

If that is indeed the case then it is really, really sad that PN cannot take a bit of criticism on board and learn from it, IMHO. 

4 REPLIES 4
stevemills84
Grafter

Re: Blatant Lies

Hi @pureedfruit I was rather surprised to see that you asked for the thread to be closed down, i guess this wasn't true though based on this.

I wanted to thank you for your support on the other thread, you have obviously been through a similar experience as I have here and can relate to the situation. I just wanted to clear up one of the points kdog was referring to in not so many words, that i was refusing to engage - this is nowhere near the truth either i have been prepared to engage at any time and have several times made the effort to contact PN. I wasn't being awkward by not providing a time for them to call me, i genuinely can't give a time as i might be right in the middle of an emergency in my job (i have to pay the bills, i have responsibilities to my colleagues). if the phone rang and i happened to see it ringing and was free i honestly would pick up the call.

which brings me onto my final points here, @Gandalf was in the end, the only person from PN who attempted to contact me, and on his second attempt of getting around the caller ID with held issues, just happened to catch me on my lunch break (which is never ever at the same time every day which is why i couldn't commit to even a lunch time call). I don't know what kind of job kdog has but it seems rather lax if he would be able to provide any time of day call slots.

I do apologize @Gandalf for the initial tone and negative response i had towards you, however i have been through 3 months of problems trying to give PN my money dealing with around a dozen people along the way, which was followed by previous months of issues caused by BT OR further aggravated by PN CS. it seems the technical issues (which to be honest they weren't it was incompetence from BT OR engineers really, there was no switch failure, or cable break, or flooding or any act of God or mother nature) were very minor in comparison to the people issues at PN.

In the end, Gandalf resolved the issue for me to a satisfactory ending, but he sure did understand exactly how angry i was with the service provided by others in the team. I don't know if the customer service experience i have had is going to be long term damaging to any future business or not, at the moment i have no intention to return, but on a compromise i am remaining a mobile customer for the time being at least because there is no issue to be disappointed with on that.

Maybe the rest of PN CS can take a note of this, for a customer who is trying to get a problem sorted - especially when they are trying to honestly GIVE YOU MONEY it means a lot to receive a call to resolve the issue, if the Accounts team are just sat on their behinds all day waiting for customers to contact them then i don't know how they can be stable in their employment. Luckily when i used to work in finance i never got involved with chasing money but i can assure you i'd be on that phone like a cold caller trying to get that payment.

Anyway, thanks Gandalf but maybe you are wasted at PN and should work somewhere where CS can take note, because i dont think PN will ever change, even less chance now they're part of BT.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Fix
Apologies @pureedfruit, I lost who the OP was - the thread has been re-opened for replies.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pureedfruit
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Dvorak

Thank you.

In which case you might as well close this one.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note.

Topic locked.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'