cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blamed for Plusnet getting my package wrong!!..Disgusting behaviour..

Masterflash
Dabbler

Re: Blamed for Plusnet getting my package wrong!!..Disgusting behaviour..

I can only answer the one question here jelv, when I took the wired speed test there wasn't any one else using wifi or wired on my premises..as for the increased users, that could be a valid point but I really hope not because it defeats the object of having high speed broadband Fibre!!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Your point is well made, but there is growing evidence that as BTOR put more people on to their fibre services (irrespective of which ISP the user is with) users are seeing a decrease of speed.  I suspect that this is down to cross-talk on the D-Side pairs to the fibre cabinet.  These forums are littered with reports of degrading service sometime after the initial install.  I have asked the question about BTOR total capacity / capability - it has gone unanswered.
We have seen for sometime issues with ADSL over poor quality D-Side circuits which BTOR are very reluctant to do anything about.  No matter how good the fibre side of the infrastructure is, if the last few 100yrds of copper (or possibly aluminium) wire is poor, you are not going to see the best possible performance from fibre.  The only real answer is FTTP.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

picbits
Rising Star

Unfortunately that is a downside of the technology.
It isn't generally because of lack of bandwidth but the additional customers introduces crosstalk and interference between each others physical copper which reduces the speeds attainable.
It should "bottom out" at a reasonable rate but if it is vastly different then there could well be a different issue.
*Edit - townman beat me to it  Grin
Masterflash
Dabbler

Thank you all for your attention in giving me guidance on this forum..yes I would like to think and be thought of as a fair and a balanced member who can help with a problem I may have rather than hinder, finger pointing and table banging is often counter productive whether you're right or wrong, make your point but make it as you would like it being made to you!...as I've said before, even though my short Plusnet journey has been a little bumpy up to now..I am confident that all will be well and if I do have problems there will be someone to help and explain to me on how it will be handled and how long it will take.
For instance my worst nightmare from a business point of view is no internet and no telephone, (yes speeds and up-time are important too), I know these days this applies to most internet users but my work infrastructure is based around on-line bookings and telephone calls from guests alike. I would like to again extend my gratitude to Chris and Nicholas in the business department in fulfilling the promises Chris said he would enact on my behalf..I've had a very lengthy and satisfactory telephone conversation with Nicholas this very evening and he has been marvelous..all settled and rectified in one fell swoop. Jim I'm hoping I may ever so slightly bend the forum rules just this once naming Chris and Nicholas as these guys have gone over and above..credit where credit is due. Wink
Mark 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for letting us know that's been resolved I've passed your gratitude on to Chris.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've also passed on your thanks over to Nicholas and his Team Leader too Smiley