Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing errors and lack of communications

Rikaitch
Grafter

Billing errors and lack of communications

Ok, this is a rant.
3 Months ago, with the arrival of the unlimited subscription, I moved my tariff over. My broadband bill should have dropped from £30pm to £12ish pm. It didn't. I got my first bill for £371 Shocked back at the end of March, and panicking (well you would, wouldn't you?) I phoned PN only to be told it was a clerical error and they'd tried to bill me for the whole year. Unfortunately the debit was still being processed, so the best thing I could do was cancel the DD and reinstate it once everything was cleared.
I still hadn't had a bill 2 weeks later, and PN knew they'd screwed up because they just decided to let me off that bill (phone and broadband). The next month I got a bill in via email, and it asked for authorisation to pay via card. I thought I'd check the referrals values first, but they never came. I paid anyway, to stop any problems with my service, hoping it was just a new glitch.
Now this month I get an email. "You haven't paid your bill. Click here to do so, or face loss of service." No value. No referrals discount. And most disturbingly, the bill is a lot higher then normal. I went to check on it on the portal, only to be told that "that feature isn't available until you have paid your bill."
Do I have mug written on me? Would you pay for a bill that you haven't received? What about your referrals? I know mine aren't unsubstantial, and I haven't been able to keep track of them for the past 3 months because I haven't had a "congratulations, your referral amount is £x.xx."
Rant over. I did email the CSC on a ticket, but as yet no reply. I treat my account with PN like a business. I get them at least 5 new customers a month, and what with the takeover of Tiscali by AOL, will have loads more.  Sort it out PN
5 REPLIES 5
Mand
Grafter

Re: Billing errors and lack of communications

Hi there,
We've had a couple of problems with billing recently, but AFAIK we've emailed all customers affected.
Can you PM me a suitable number to give you a call on tomorrow? I'll have a good look at your account in the morning and give you a call to explain exactly what the situation is.
Bud
Grafter

Well, my billing is a mess this month and not had any emails that I can see
Rikaitch
Grafter

Well PN are truly outstanding. I had a reply to my ticket along the lines of "we prefer payment by DD. Please add your bank account details to correct this in the future. Click here to add any further comment or question." I did. I got told again, that "that feature isn't available until you have paid your bill."
Mand, if you're reading this, please, save a grown man's sanity!!!
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
I've tried calling you, but the line is engaged. Gimme a shout when you're free or feel free to give me a call and we'll get this sorted for you (you would need to call the normal number and ask for me, I don't have a direct line unfortunately).
Rikaitch
Grafter

'Nuff respect to Mand. She not only acknowledged the problem, she also fixed the account fault, and the referrals fault, meaning that I am now in credit with PN! Why couldn't this have been done on a ticket though?