Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing again!

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Billing again!

Could someone tell me when the price of PAYG 15GB special (including £1 domain) was increased from £20.99 to £21.99 and when it was announced please.
My latest invoice has gone up by £1.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
20 REPLIES 20
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Billing again!

As I understand it that package should be £19.99 and then £1 extra for the domain, I know we had an issue with billing for some £1 domains recently and I'm wondering if you've been negatively affected by that. I've asked someone involved in the billing side of things to take a look at what's going on.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Not very happy with Durban - I spoke to them about this this morning - no ticket has appeared yet. Angry Edit: Now found some tickets - but they are wrong!
They are supposed to be investigating, but the person I spoke to seemed unaware that there was an issue with £1 domains. They've been doing something however as TWO credit invoices have appeared.
Chris
Legend

Sorry about that Jelv, I've had a reply from the person looking into this and I was partially correct.
The issue was caused by the fix for the £1 domain issue (it wasn't showing a line item), however on some legacy accounts this appears to have caused the issue you're seeing where it's showing as an extra amount. I've checked the amount receipted (what we actually took) and it's showing the same as previous months, so it appears to be a display issue. We're reopening the problem and going to fix it correctly this time.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Durban are now saying I hadn't been paying for the domain and have applied a £1 discount.
Could one of you set them straight please - the base price is £19.99 and I had been paying the £1.
My account was showing a balance of £1. It looks like it's an ongoing discount. I rather think they may have messed things up rather more!
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: Chris
however on some legacy accounts this appears to have caused the issue you're seeing where it's showing as an extra amount

It's always been an issue that the PAYG price included the optional £1 domain. If at the same time the price of the PAYG had been reduced by £1 all would have been well.
Chris
Legend

I've added a note to the top of your account explaining what's happened. Hopefully that should set anyone else on the right lines if they look at your account.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Absolutely no surprise to me whatsoever that the invoice for this months billing is totally wrong. Ticket 36697997 refers.
The details section from the invoice is attached.
At least I'm fortunate to have a good connection and good speeds:

(PS This post contains a clue as to what is wrong with the invoice)
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I've now had a reply to my ticket:
We apologise for the confusion but the reason your broadband bill wasn't included in your usual invoice is that we are currently having issues aligning our billing dates. This is something we are working on fixing and you should rest assured that your monthly bills will not be different as a result. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Could someone explain this please. The £20.99 shown on the extract of the invoice on my last post is the basic cost of my broadband account (£19.99 +£1 for the included domain). I thought aligning billing dates was just an issue for home phone users.
I've also just noticed that the advance notification email said
We'll soon be taking a payment of £19.99, for your Plusnet service. This
will leave your account on or after 08/11/2010.

If billing tries to take the £20.99 shown on the invoice (which is wrong anyway) won't this be in breach of the Direct Debit rules as the notification said £19.99?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: jelv
I thought aligning billing dates was just an issue for home phone users.

Jameseh has confirmed to me privately that this is the case - his response when I pointed him to the ticket was
WT[Censored]

He's going to take a look when he gets out of a meeting (methinks the Maestro needs to be used a bit more!).
Chris
Legend

In this instance Jameseh is incorrect, billing dates can become misaligned on any component that creates scheduled payments. However that isn't what's happened on your account.
I've already asked Adam to take a look into what's going on as I can see the scheduled payment already created in advance of December's payment.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Is that also several pounds out? I can't remember if the missing item used to appear on https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary - it doesn't now.
Chris
Legend

Just for the max premium it's showing at £7.83. We're doing some digging to see if anyone else with the extra upload has had the billing for that missed this month.
I've found a couple more examples and therefore raised a problem internally (ref 64301).
jelv
Seasoned Hero

What's happening with this? I'm getting nowhere on the ticket.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

I've seen some PPP responses to tickets over the years but this one really takes the biscuit.
[quote="Me"]The direct debit was taken from my account today, the amount taken was £19.99
This is the wrong amount and I can't see anything in My Invoices to see that the missing item has been corrected.
Will it be a double charge next month for max premium?
[quote="CSC"]Thank you for contacting Plusnet Customer Services.
With regards to your recent invoice (23324923). The invoice will reflect that the broadband subscription is charged at £20.99 but my have added a discount of £1, to ensure that you are charged £19.99, for the broadband.
The additional £1 will accommodate for your monthly domain hosting fee and will explain why your invoice reflects at £20.99.
We have included a copy of your invoice below-
They then included a copy of the last invoice showing my normal PAYG 15GB special price and two lines of £1 discount which are the attempts to correct my billing (but nothing for the normal £7.83 for Max Premium)
[quote="Me"]I understand all that but what about Max Premium which has disappeared?
And now the prize reply:
[quote="CSC"]The Plusnet Premium was an outdated package and we have replaced it with the Plusnet Extra. The Plusnet Extra includes 60 gigabytes of usage (further details supplied by the link in previous ticket). The package would suite your needs based on looking at previous months usage figures. If you wish to proceed with the change please confirm via this ticket or call us on 0845 1400 200.
I give up. I've tried to find out why I had Max Premium for free - if they don't want my money I'm not going to chase it any longer!