Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed after account closed

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Billed after account closed

Last May Plusnet self-reported to OFCOM that sometimes they continued to take Direct Debit payments from customers after they had migrated away and the final bill had been paid.

See OFCOM open case bulletin here.

Following an investigation, Ofcom has determined that there are reasonable grounds for believing that Plusnet (part of the BT Group) contravened GC11.1 of the General Conditions between 7 March 2008 and 3 September 2015. Ofcom has therefore issued a Notification to Plusnet under section 96A of the Communications Act 2003 (the “Act”).

Specifically, Ofcom has reasonable grounds to believe that Plusnet contravened GC 11.1 by rendering bills to end-users in respect of broadband and telephony services for amounts that did not represent and exceeded the true extent of the service actually provided to them. Plusnet had continued to bill certain end-users for broadband and telephony service after their service had been cancelled.

From many recent posts on here it is obvious this is still happening.

Anyone who has recently been affected by this issue might like to fill out the OFCOM monitoring form: https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
3 REPLIES 3
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Billed after account closed

Based on the recent Vodafone and EE fines for overbilling it's going to be an expensive year for plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Having self-reported they might of got away with it - if it hadn't taken so long to sort out and still be happening today.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
andyapanel
Dabbler

I have filled that form in.

Why do PN have to make life so difficult? I have migrated loads of times-twice before from PN and ending the contract has never been a problem.

It must be very depressing to work for such a shambolic company.