Did you mean: 

Big increase in complaints at Plusnet

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Big increase in complaints at Plusnet

Quote from: Anotherone
Not all providers are the same.

Exactly.  Even though reliant on BTW and OR, many manage to provide a better service to the end user.
AndyH
Grafter

BT Consumer have a system where you can run their fault checker online, it tells you where the fault is (one of 4 areas) and it allows you to see the engineer appointment book if necessary.
This is something Plusnet gravely miss.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Given that the whole darned infrastructure, exchange, wires and test system belongs to BTOR (CPs only provide an interface) the whole of this part of the service solution should be delivered by BTOR direct to the end user.  If there is a fault in THEIR systems they should provide direct means of locating it and dispatching THEIR service engineers to repair it.  Thereby no CP would need to have to build specific interfaces to the repair's systems.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ruralpeace

I agree service is nothing like it was but to be fair when you do get through I find the service is pretty good.
PN need to increase the support staff and keep up the standard they had.
Choice of Supplier:
With BT "merging" with EE our choice in this area is BT, PLUSNET, EE, POST OFFICE and JOHN LEWIS and I think SSE.....( so all BT) so basically not much choice as we are Market A or Market 1 or whatever
Seems we have to pay the most and the prices you see "from" are for us a joke; we are in the small print "highest amount".
PlusNet is usually pretty good and will agree some discount....
We can't get the deals you city or "semi rural" folk can...but we do have the joys of the countryside:
Fantastic views while you wait for the utility companies to sort out the latest problem:
Dropped telephone / power lines due to: wind, rain, snow, ice, hedge cutting, floods, stock pushing masts/poles over for fun, etc, ,  mains water loss due to factor X, road works from Open Reach / Water / Sewerage and "unknown", oh and no gritting in winter.
But the fresh air and views are great.  Cool
If you want a peaceful life or holiday come to  Mid Wales.,....where your phone probably will not ring as there is unlikely to be any signal and....3G is a dream
We do have SMS - Smoke Messaging System  Crazy
XenoGuy
Grafter

This is why I was sad to see Be Un Limited go belly up, they had their own better equipment under LLU. Shame O2 had to wreck them after the buyout.
Thing is, whatever ISP you go with, unless they have their own equipment, you're 100% have to work with BTOR. I know BTOR still manages the ISP's equipment, but still, it's better equipment than BT's crap.
When I was with Be for 6 years, I only ever had 2 problems and 1 was a faulty router...
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Even with LLU ADSL2+, it's still Openreach maintaining the metallic wires between you and the exchange. Virgin cable, or an "alt net" provider such as Gigaclear, would be the only way to avoid that.
stalkstalk
Grafter

Well I will definitely be submitting a detailed compliant, I've never experienced a service or support that is as atrocious as this, PN actually make TT look very professional.
SteadVex
Grafter

Quote from: tijara33

Which isp will you be using in the future? Please report as to your experience as my contract is due for renewal early next year.

just to add, switchover to BT yesterday, just put in claim for MasterCard prepaid card, and top cash back back is showing £115, which seems to of now gone up!
unlike the switchover to PlusNet, this one was simple, put new username password in existing TP link router, seamless, a few hours downtime as it switched but since I've been logged on no complaints and seems nice and easy Smiley
SteadVex
Grafter

just thought i'd update
switched to BT seemless transfer, cashback paid out and received prepaid master card
I notice lots of sites load quicker now, I remember years ago BT was always slower, going back to ISDN days, guess BT off loaded their DNS stuff to PlusNet eh?  Wink
can't blame the router, have been using my own router with plusnet and BT same settings, I've noticed I've had to reboot the router less too