cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Before you decide to order from Plusnet..

Jaxouk

Before you decide to order from Plusnet..

I ordered over a week ago and still have not received my activation date. I have received message after message and phone calls from these jokers saying there is a problem with the order, it's on hold, it's off hold, theres another problem, they're sorting it today, tomorrow, manually, it's on hold again..

After over 1 week of faffing around I have been left out of pocket as these scamners have took my money and provided no service (yes they even charge up front for their service).

We'll do you proud, dont me me laugh, its the worst providor I've ever been with.. and it hasnt even been installed yet..

Just check their trustpilot reviews, as this seems to be a regular occurrence.

Since ordering 8 days ago they opened this support ticket .....

10:06am, Wednesday 15 Apr 2020
We are processing your orders and all updates will be amended to this ticket shortly.If you have any queries please get in touch the details in CONTACT US as updates to this ticket will not be picked up.

[Internal]

This ticket is being picked up by our automated system and updates will be provided on this ticket if work is required. Please do not updated this ticket prior to this being done

This is a Working Line Takeover (L Fibre)
Call package: Plusnet Line Only
Call Features:
* Voicemail
* Caller Display
Engineer Appointment Dates:
N/A
Engineer notes: N/A
Data extension kit required: No
10:12am, Wednesday 15 Apr 2020
Dear Mr xxxxxx

We are currently processing your order. We will be in touch soon with more information.

[Internal]
Automated system currently processing this order please do not take any action.
10:13am, Wednesday 15 Apr 2020
Dear Mr xxxxxx

We are still processing your order and should be able to confirm the completion date soon.

Thanks for your patience, we'll be in touch soon.

[Internal]
Please investigate Error while processing OR line check response
[CSA Removed] - CSC Analyst
4:19pm, Thursday 16 Apr 2020
Dear Mr xxxxxx

Good afternoon hope you are well James

Your previous provider has put a cease on the line which is causing us issues to place an order. Please contact your previous provider to remove the cease and once done contact us so we can proceed with orders.

Should you have any problems then please don't hesitate to contact us on:
Webchat: https://www.plus.net/help/chat/
Email: http://contactus.plus.net

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Email notification sent to: xxxxxx@gmail.com]
[CSA Removed]- CSC Analyst
4:20pm, Thursday 16 Apr 2020
This Question is now on hold until Saturday 18th April at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]
Your Response
4:42pm, Thursday 16 Apr 2020
My current provider is virgin.. They say they have no idea what your are talking about as yous do not use their lines?
Your Response
4:42pm, Thursday 16 Apr 2020
The Question 200838555 has been released from hold and sent back to Prov - Order Rejected

4:56pm, Thursday 16 Apr 2020
Dear Mr xxxxxx

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your response.

I have manually placed your orders for you today.

Your order references:
Phone: OR0000011xxxxxx
Broadband: 4-82853xxxxxx

With your current provider being virgin media we are unable to contact them to let them know that we are activating services at your address so you will need to contact Virgin media to cancel the account.

In the next 24/48 working hours we will be able to confirm he activation date.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us on 0800 432 0200.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

4:57pm, Thursday 16 Apr 2020
I am placing this ticket on hold as awaiting for the order to commit.

This Question is now on hold until Saturday 18th April at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]
Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:07am, Saturday 18 Apr 2020
Question [ 200838555 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
Your Response
6:44pm, Saturday 18 Apr 2020
Could someone let me know what's going on with this order please.

Thanks
Your Response
7:00pm, Saturday 18 Apr 2020
Could someone let me know what's going on with this order please.

Thanks
12:32pm, Monday 20 Apr 2020
Dear Mr xxxxxx

Good afternoon.

Thank you for your time on the phone today.

As discussed, we have spoken to our suppliers for an update and they have advised the orders haven't progressed due to a system issue. They have advised this should progress within 48 working hours.

We will contact you once the orders have progressed with an update.

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting us on 0345 140 0200 and we will be more than happy to help.

Have a lovely day!

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

12:37pm, Monday 20 Apr 2020
This Question is now on hold until Tuesday 21st April at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]
7:10am, Tuesday 21 Apr 2020
Question [ 200838555 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.
1:53pm, Tuesday 21 Apr 2020
** Internal **

Please confirm if orders have progressed. Should get an update tomorrow (22/04).

This Question is now on hold until Wednesday 22nd April at 7:00am.

[CSA Removed]
7:10am, Wednesday 22 Apr 2020
Your Response
3:38pm, Wednesday 22 Apr 2020
I ordered this a week ago and still do not have an activation date. I beginning to think signing up with plusnet has been a mistake.

What is going on?Huh
8:17pm, Wednesday 22 Apr 2020
Dear Mr xxxxxx

Good evening,

Thank-you for contacting us back. Your orders have not been processed by our suppliers yet, so we cannot provide you with an installation date at this moment. We will be contacting our suppliers tomorrow for an update.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

If you have any questions then you can give us a call on 0800 432 0200 or let us know by replying to this ticket through the Member Centre link below logging in with your username and password, also you can reach us online on Social media via Facebook & Twitter

Access your online Plusnet Member Centre:

www.plus.net/my.html

If you have forgotten your Plusnet Member Centre password, you can reset this on the link below:

www.plus.net/forgotpassword/

Here is a step-by-step guide on how to set up your Plusnet router (ADSL:2704n, Fibre: Hub one)

www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-setup-guides/

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

[Sms Message: Plusnet: We have sent you an email to discuss your account, thanks. Any questions you can reach us online via Social media via Facebook & Twitter or you can raise a query through your online account at www.plus.net/my.html]
8:18pm, Wednesday 22 Apr 2020
*** INTERNAL ***

OR0000011xxxxxx
4-828534xxxxxx

This Question is now on hold until Thursday 23rd April at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]
7:09am, Thursday 23 Apr 2020

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Multiple CSA names removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Before you decide to order from Plusnet..

@Jaxouk  Welcome to the forum.

Something is obviously screwed up either at Plusnet or in Openreach/BTw database data or both.

The very first ticket you have posted says 'this is a working line takeover'.

You say that you are with Virgin who do not use the BT network.

I do not know if this is a key to the confusion but I cannot see how both statements can be correct.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Jaxouk

Thanks for your response.

There is both BT and Virgin lines at the premises. We are currently with Virgin. When signing up it asked if there was a BT line or whether I needed one installed iirc.. I clicked the working line as it should work without a new install as we were previous with openreach resellers on it before Virgin.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Jaxouk So the BT line is not a working line, how long ago was it actually in use? It could now be a stopped line which can usually be restarted or it may disconnected somewhere on it's route back to the exchange which would require engineer involvement. Either of these situations will have caused confusion with PlusNet's ordering systems.☹️

Jaxouk

They said they had found a working line at the premises iirc. I assumed this was the BT line. I clicked this as although it's not in use it works, or at least it did last time I had services on it.

Last providor was EE in 2018. Although I did sign up for sky a couple of months back but canceled within my 14 day cooling of period as it wasnt very reliable.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

This scenario is not quite how you first painted it.

It is not the B&W take over if a working line. A working line is one where there is an active service currently being provided. You’ve just clarified that the active service is with Virgin who use their own local circuits and that also you had service from Sky which you terminated.

How recently did you terminate that service? The report that the current provider (line owner) Sky has a line cease order (which blocked everything) Mose clearly places your order with Plusnet outside of a working line take over paradigm. The picture is not the simple one you sought to suggest in the beginning.

Your line will need to be fully ceased by Sky, taken out of LLU by BT Openreach before a service can be activated for Plusnet. If you had not cancelled Sky but just asked Plusnet to take over that service, life might have been simpler.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.