Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT speedtest and FLASH

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: BT speedtest and FLASH

as i said, i use both OSX and Windows
if you are looking in system preference then you are looking in the wrong place.
we are talking specifically about Chrome settings

333.jpg

22over7
Rising Star

Oh for heavens sake: I *also* looked in System preferences. Frankly mate, stop trying to be "helpful". Thanks for your all your valuable input. 

chenks76
All Star

what more do you need.
told where the settings are AND a screenshot showing them!

jeez some people!

and just for you, here is the same screenshot on Mac OSX

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 17.14.52.png

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Insult removed as per Forum rules.

hitchhiker43
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@southerner wrote:
That wouldn't work I'm afraid. The BTWholesale speed tester is tied into BT's backend systems and so also retrieves eg. data on your IP Profile, exchange etc and can also be setup just to test the connection between you and your exchange taking your ISP out of the loop in advanced troubleshooting. It then also ports the results to your ISP which is needed to raise faults with BT.

I don't recall being asked to login or anything like that with BT's speed test so I am unsure how it's tied in with there "backend systems" ?

Tp-link W8960n on longgggggggg line!
chenks76
All Star

you give it your telephone number, don't you?
that's all the ISP needs.
hitchhiker43
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

yes for the advanced test, actually I only ever bothered with that step to discover what they had set my IP profile to.

Tp-link W8960n on longgggggggg line!
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I don't recall being asked to login or anything like that with BT's speed test so I am unsure how it's tied in with there "backend systems" ?

It asks for your phone number to go lookup your IP Profile so that it can then show your speed test results against that & then deduce if BT consider the result unsatisfactory. If they do Plusnet will ask you to run the advanced test where you're asked to make a connection to a BT box (I'm guessing at your exchange) rather than Plusnet at PPPoE level & run another speed test. This is so Plusnet have both readings to go to BT with checking the speed of your connection to the exchange & the speed of your connection to the exchange & then onto one of Plusnet's gateways.