cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT no show!! - UPDATE

reserved
Grafter

BT no show!! - UPDATE

My daughter was due to switch from TalkTalk to PN Fibre yesterday on my recommendation. Engineer booked between 1300 and 1800 but of course no show. Landline appears to have been switched but no BB since first thing yesterday and no idea of when it will be provided.
edit: I have her username if that helps
15 REPLIES 15
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: BT no show!!

Send a bill to PlusNet for £180.00 
Why should the customer always have to pay for a "no - show" by the engineer ?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Shutter
I'm not sure why you think sending a bill for a random amount of money is going to help here? Also I can't see that the customer has been charged for a missed visit?
@reserved
Really sorry to hear that, PM her username over and I'll take a look.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
reserved
Grafter

Good idea  Wink
I sat in waiting for the engineer to show, very boring in someone else's house with no internet  Angry
Bit ironical really as I used to be a BT engineer, wouldn't have happened in my day (though that was before BB)
reserved
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
@reserved
Really sorry to hear that, PM her username over and I'll take a look.

Thanks Chris, PM sent
Chris
Legend

Received, just about to reply to you. Not sure if you have the account login details or not though.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
reserved
Grafter

Another PM sent Chris
reserved
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
Send a bill to PlusNet for £180.00   
Why should the customer always have to pay for a "no - show" by the engineer ?

I think the ball is firmly in BT's court and they should be liable for the time wasted and the days/weeks without broadband!
They are also saying that the engineer contacted my daughter by phone which is just not true. Their Support Centre rang and they said they would call back with an update which did not happen.
Chris
Legend

Just looking at your DM now Dennis.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Chris, Shutter makes a good point about compensation although his figure is a little high IMO.  It's so easy to pass the blame to BT but legally it is PN that is responsible to the customer.
Maybe PN should have a fixed payment to customers of say £50 when the customer has been let down.
Chris
Legend

I didn't say we're not responsible to the customer, however at no point in this thread have I said anything about charging for the missed appointment from either direction. Its also worth remembering that the engineer has said that something different was said on the phonecall. Although I have no reason to not believe what Reserved and his daughter are saying, there are always at least 2 sides to look at.
reserved
Grafter

Its also worth remembering that the engineer has said that something different was said on the phonecall.

As far as I'm aware there was no phone call from the engineer  Huh
Razer
Grafter

... however at no point in this thread have I said anything about charging for the missed appointment from either direction.

Though technically you have asked two questions about yourself, Reply #2 in response to shutter is about charging for a missed appointment:
@Shutter
I'm not sure why you think sending a bill for a random amount of money is going to help here? Also I can't see that the customer has been charged for a missed visit?
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

And we mustn't forget: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_customer_is_always_right
(except when dealing with certain parts of the BT empire which often seem to start with the exact opposite assumption?  Roll_eyes )  
reserved
Grafter

I didn't say we're not responsible to the customer, however at no point in this thread have I said anything about charging for the missed appointment from either direction.

I hope no charge is raised because there was someone at the house from 1230 onwards for an appointment from 1pm to 6pm.
I feel very guilty about recommending my daughter to PN after this fiasco  Angry