cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT i-PLate

hamish12

BT i-PLate

A short piece in PC Pro outlines the advantage of using a BT i_plate. It is reported to increase the internet connection speed by about 150%.
It costs £14.81.
Perhaps PlusNet would consider either giving it away to members especially as BT are involved in the company.
I think that that would be appreciated by all the loyal customers.
What does PlusNet think of the suggestion?
JDA
4 REPLIES 4
JNeail

Re: BT i-PLate

Prices for these on the web have come down now to below £10inc Delivery (http://www.tamarshop.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=109_108&products_id=691) ... however, I support you on this view.  Assuming this technology actually works, it would perhaps solve a number of speed problems Plusnet have and I belive should consider issuing these to clients, who like me,  pay for an 'up to' 8MB service but are in reality barely getting 2MB and often below 1MB  during peak times.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
I'll pose this question to our Products Team.
I'm not certain whether or not we would be able to receive a discounted price on the iPlate despite being part of BT Retail.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

And this topic has been covered so many times elsewhere on these forums. The i-plate, and only in specific circumstances, is to improve your sync speed. It will have absolutely no effect on your throughput speed at peak times.
mal0z
Grafter