cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT engineers...realy?

warbleeder
Grafter

BT engineers...realy?

i wanna know weather these guys can actually test for faults .... or if the come out with fake outdated equipment
phone fault is still outstanding (after 2 engineers) as PN know ive had engineers out in the past (previous faults at old addresses) and been told there where no problems...
1 of those took 3 engineers ... to figure out my hone line was bady kinked
second... took 4 maybe 5.... me yelling at PN for weeks ..... and a BT manager to get involved to figure out the split card at the exchange was bust
so now i have a few questions....
1. dose bt even have the adequate equipment to test their own Infrastructure...
2. how long till this one gets sorted? i pay for a land-line to my house... not a mobile with no sigle that cuts out every 5 second (and gets so bad that i cant hear the other person on the phone)
3. how much could this have screwed with my BB? had a fair few diconnections whilst ive been living here
4. can i get a copy of both engineer reports ... so i can see what test/checks they have done
5. and why the he-ll can i not complain about openreach? and i dont want the same stupid responce i get from PN last time
me call plusnet: i would like to put in a complaint with you regarding open-reach
Plusnet CSR responce: it is pointless putting in a complaint against open-reach because 90% of them dont get passed on
rant over
p.s sorry PN staff not having ago at you guys been i cant go to BT and slap them round the head (would be nice)
4 REPLIES 4
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: BT engineers...realy?

Hi Warbleeder,
Apologies for the issues you seen and the time it's taken to be picked up by engineers on the multiple visits. While we try to get things resolved on the first visit, it can sometimes be a complex process to diagnose and fix a fault.
To address your questions in order:
1) BT have an extensive range of tools for faults testing and diagnostics, some of which the ISP also has access to. I don't believe that there is a lack of tools however some do have limitations where a more complex fault is present.
2) Unfortunately we cannot give a set time for a fault to be resolved, as mentioned above there are a few factors that can cause delays and this tends to fall under the complexity of the fault in any given situation.
3) A phone fault can most definitely cause issues with the broadband connection. This can range from drops in speed, drops in connection or a total loss of broadband service dependent on the nature and severity of the fault.
4) We do provide updates on the faults checks and diagnostics that we carry out on our side but unfortunately we do not openly provide the detailed engineer notes in our ticket responses. We do sometimes provide quotes to relevant information that could be useful in the engineers notes but full disclosure if not common practice.
5) Unfortunately there is no direct path for a customer to raise a complaint to BT Openreach as it is the ISP who is a customer of BTO and not the end user of the broadband service. We are able to raise issues with them however this is dependent on nature of the problem as to whether we can raise this. In addition to this we have to raise these via the tools and interfaces that they provide so we do have some restrictions as to what can and can't be raised.
I hope this answers your questions adequately  Smiley

Thanks,
Adam C
confident
Rising Star

Quote from: Acassim

5) Unfortunately there is no direct path for a customer to raise a complaint to BT Openreach as it is the ISP who is a customer of BTO and not the end user of the broadband service.

Adam, there may be no direct path for a customer to complain to OR, however there is a direct path for a customer to complain about OR. That is via his/her ISP - PN. I really do not think it is in anyway good enough for someone to be fobbed off with a "Plusnet CSR response: it is pointless putting in a complaint against open-reach because 90% of them don't get passed on". If I had been told that I would also have been putting in a complaint about PN. If PN has good, well documented complaints about OR, surely that gives them more leverage when talking/negotiating with OR?
As for this:
Quote from: Acassim

5)...............................this is dependent on nature of the problem as to whether we can raise this. In addition..........................................................................we do have some restrictions as to what can and can't be raised.

Are you seriously saying that there are restrictions on what complaints PN can and cannot raise with OR? What genius signed up to that Service agreement?  Shocked
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi KarenF,
The restrictions I mentioned in point 5 were more surrounding what a customer would deem a complaint versus what OR would class a complaint. In some instanced we have set times where we have to allow OR to update us on faults processes or certain order types completing. Where a customer would class a 24/48/72 hour wait for investigation as something to raise a complaint or escalation for, OR would class these as adequate wait times.
Given the above, we can only raise a complaint or escalate an issue with OR where an issue would fall outside of the normal working guidelines or process/agent failure and even at this stage we're bound to some extent by raising this via set patch and processes that can be restrictive dependent on the nature of the issue being raised.
With regards to the CSR agent response, while I wasn't privy to this call, I would be interested to look into this as this isn't a correct response to this kind of situation unless this was meant in a way that highlighted that 90% of requests made for complaints to be raised by customers fell within the required fault fixing time frames which means we can't raise this??? I would certainly be happy to look at this interaction if there are some details of when this call too place.
On the point of PN being the point of contact for raising a complaint to OR, I wholeheartedly agree with you on this, however, my point was that we don't have a direct path for the customer to raise this to Openreach. I should have stressed this a little clearer in my initial response so apologies for this.

Thanks,
Adam C
confident
Rising Star

Hi Adam
Thanks for that explanation, a "time bound" restriction is perfectly understandable and your second explanation makes that much clearer, so thank you. The rest of it looks like you need to be renegotiating your service agreement about how you log complaints.
Yes, I perfectly understand we were not privy to the conversation, however by the time a customer is at the point of wanting to make a complaint, they are often very angry and upset, often with very good reason. So any request to make a complaint should be taken seriously and followed up.
@Warbleeder
If you supply Adam with details of the call and complaint I'm sure he will look into this for you.
Karen