cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT engineer didn't show

fastconnection
Grafter

BT engineer didn't show

Had an BT engineer  appointment booked for this morning between 8am and 1pm to investigate line. Waited in ALL day but no show. no phone call, no card etc. I know theres still some snow about etc but even a call to say couldnt attend would go amiss would it? just polite really. Ive always been so pleased with service and i hope this can be rectified soon.
31 REPLIES 31
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: BT engineer didn't show

I'm really sorry to hear about that,
On first impression it looks like resourcing issues have led to this happening today unfortunately.
I won't be on line for too much longer so if it's OK with you I'll pick this up for you when I'm back in the office tomorrow. I'll obviously make sure we arrange another visit for you ASAP.
Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Adam, isn't it time that PN made a formal complaint to Ofcom about the constant appointments being missed by BTOR? Even a phone call from BT would help, at least as a courtesy. I feel for you guys at PN who unfortunately get it in the neck from your disappointed & frustrated customers.
BryanP
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I'm really sorry to hear about that,
On first impression it looks like resourcing issues have led to this happening today

Unfortunatly this as become a stock answer. if one does not have the resoures one should not make the appointments
Coming from a financial background It reminds me of the old excuse of the cheques in the post when one cant't pay the bill, there was even a book published called "40 ways to tell someone the cheques in the post" perhaps someone will produce a book entitled "40 reasons why the engineer did not turn up"
fastconnection
Grafter

Hi Adam Thanks for the reply. Ill wait to hear from you about the new appointment. Thanks
Grff
Grafter

From what i've read (and experienced) there doesn't seem to usually be any phone call when there's going to be a missed appointment.  Even when they've worked out theyre not coming.  It appears to be the customer having to chase it up.
My guess is the engineers don't have enough time to get all their jobs done, and don't want to face ringing a customer and peeing them off when they've taken holidays and waited in.  They'd rather let someone else get it in the ear when the customer rings to complain.
As mentioned, something really needs to be done about this.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

From what i've read (and experienced) there doesn't seem to usually be any phone call when there's going to be a missed appointment

I believe this is as the jobs aren't getting assigned to the engineers which is why that doesn't happen.
Unfortunatly this as become a stock answer.

Rather than this being the stock answer unfortunately its the case that so many of these cases are happening for the very same reason.
I am aware from what we're seeing here that such issues have become more of an issue over the past couple weeks, however. I'm expecting that this is due to impact caused by the weather. We will be continuing to push this back to our suppliers though.
@fastconnection
I'm talking to our suppliers now about your case in particular so I'll be back in touch soon.

EDIT:
@fastconnection The soonest next appointment for you would be Monday morning between 08:00 and 13:00, care for me to confirm that for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
fastconnection
Grafter

Yes thats ok for monday 28th as per your sms. As long as they show! Thanks for the follow up Adam and for keeping in touch. By the way did they give a reason or anything?
fastconnection
Grafter

please confirm that the appointment has been booked
many thanks
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi,
I've spoke with Adam and confirmed that it's booked in for the 28th for you.
fastconnection
Grafter

UNBELIEVABLE! Waited in AGAIN This morning. AGAIN BT never showed up. AGAIN no phone call from anyone. No contact. Thought this was the age of communication. feel very let down all round now.  Now paying full price for 240kb connection
JonJon
Grafter

It won't fix your BB, but take a look at:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
You can claim back the cost of having to take leave from work, etc.
kuga
Grafter

Same thing happened to me
why do we out up with it ?
because we have no choice
fastconnection
Grafter

Hi Kuga
Well up until now I have not had any problems. Looking around the forums and site I can see that the problem is with BT openreach.  My experience with Plusnet has been excellent and i get the feeling they are just as frustrated with them as us. Adam has kept in touch and is going to monitor the next appointment manually. Heres hoping!!  Maybe there is a vacancy for a plusnet/openreach liason person ..but im nor sure there would be many volunteers ....
fastconnection
Grafter

still no idea when BT are coming. Ah well....TV looks good tonight and HD is still a novelty to me.....
Whilst Im waiting ill just remember the positives....
1. I'm  glad I don't get my TV via internet.
2. I can get free-sat HD with my old sky box and no subs to pay.
3. My wife is making a treacle pudding tomorrow (and yes we DO eat Yorkshire puddings as well)
4. I won 10 pounds on a lottery ticket.
5. I can click on the home button and make lots of great coffee and when I come back its usually loaded.
Gotta look on the bright side....eh? what?