Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sports

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

BT Sports

I think it time for Plusnet to offer customers a free bt sports like BT did with their customer. Why should we benefits the same way?
21 REPLIES 21
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: BT Sports

We operate separately to BT Retail, therefore the products and packages we offer are at different price points.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

you can quite happily join BT and get your free BT sport for £6 more.
PN isn't BT retail and won't have access to offer it free, or they already would be on the Sky platform.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: goldenfibre
Why should we benefits the same way?

What you mean like having a could not careless Indian Call centre?  No thank you.  There are lots of good reasons for not following BT offerings. If you really do think they are better, then may be migration to them is the right path for your life journey.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I didn't say anything about Indian Call Centre?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

No, you suggested that PlusNET users should get the same benefits as BT users, without considering that some silver linings come with attached clouds.  If you want the "benefits" of BT (which is what you said you want) then you have to remember that there are other (unwelcome) things you might get with them.  BT and PlusNET are not the same, if they were, what would be the point of keeping them seperate?  BT know that PlusNET are doing far better at support than do BT (yes I know might find that difficult to believe) but it is true.
People rarely look at the whole package.  Personally I will not take service from any organisation who exports support jobs to India, indeed I have reservations about such jobs being exported to the province of Wales - DVLA, NHS Direct and HMRC - over which we have no choice.
We need to keep more jobs in England, particularly up North in God's own country - Yorkshire!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I often mention resource, but it would mean a sharp uptake in BT Sport and each provision requires manual order placement (which only myself and a handful of others are able to do at the moment). I don't mind this as an excuse to charge, but it'd be one of the implications if the change was made.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Matty,
In other words, you are confirming that the free provision of BT Sport would directly lead to a reduction in support resources?
As I said, nowt comes for free!
Keep it as it is, there are multiple providers of TV sport (which is much over rated) whereas good forum support is like gold dust, it's rare and when found quite valuable!  Cheesy

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I'm in agreement with the latest Which magazine (Consumers association) report on ISPs. Plusnet came 4th in a satisfaction survey and Vergin Media, TalkTalk, Sky and BT (all content providers in their package) occupied four of the bottom five places. I think there is a lesson there.
I don't want BT Sport, Mobiles, Movies or any other content from my ISP. I want them to concentrate on their primary purpose and I will source my content myself  Angry
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: Townman
Matty,
In other words, you are confirming that the free provision of BT Sport would directly lead to a reduction in support resources?

Not directly, but it would require investment time. Either that, or investment time in the creation of an automation tool.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
grahamt
Rising Star

I wouldn't mind paying for Plusnet-provided BT Sport, but I'm not going to do it via Sky's platform. I'd be happy to have it as an Android app which I could then (Chrome)cast to my TV. I've never understood why BT insists on limiting it to Plusnet users with Sky TV. (OK, they want you to sign up with BT Retail broadband, but they could still provide it via other broadband platforms with a price difference.)
hillyfields123
Grafter

BT offer their version of BT sport via an app on Android and iOS AFAIK - I can't speak for PN's version though.

You don't necessarily need a Sky subscription, you can make a one-off purchase of a Sky box (From Sky directly or off eBay) and then you can purchase a Freesat from Sky viewing card which is a one off cost of £25 which AFAIK you can register the number of and then you will be allowed access to BT Sport via Freesat.
(Ex BT customer)
catelliott
Grafter

If you have a Sky box, but no viewing card, we can provide you with one free of charge  Grin
hillyfields123
Grafter

There we go - Another benefit of PN over BT  Cheesy
catelliott
Grafter

It's one of the perks!  Smiley