cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sports question to Plusnet

DavideB
Dabbler

BT Sports question to Plusnet

IF plusnet is an Arm of BT as stated on the BBC (The firm's Plusnet broadband division has also said that it is facing issues.) why is it that we can not get BT sports free as well? We might as well move over to BT and get the complete package? 

9 REPLIES 9
greggy100

Re: BT Sports question to Plusnet

Count yourself lucky - I moved from BT to PlusNet to get away from BT and their incessant increases to pay for the content spree - football, sports channel, AMC - neverending. This explains why I am now seeing an increase in line rental - once again to pay for BT spending. Oh well, broadband hunting AGAIN! Good luck with BT Sports (we're already subsidising it) 

rock

Yes, With you there.

Usual rip off.

Plusnet - stop ripping us off.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Plusnet has bought by BT plc back in 2007, so yes it is another BT brand (like EE is)

Why not free, because they want to upsell you to the BT Retail package, so each brand does different things to attract customers. And Plusnet is competing as the low cost option against TalkTalk not against BT Retail or EE.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
DavideB
Dabbler

OK So please explain: 

BT Offers: Infinity 2, BT Sports, BT Hub, UK Weekend Calls £49 a month 12 Month Contract
Plusnet Offers: £41 a month without BT Sports or the HUB  18 month Contract

So it is not really that much of a saving is it?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

I don't work for Plusnet or any ISP.

But still cheaper by £8 for people who don't want BT Sports. You decide want you want and you pay for it.

I don't want any Sports or TV or anything other than internet connectivity from Plusnet so I pay just for that.

If I did want sports etc then I might go to BT.

I'm not here to protect Plusnet nor excuse their actions, in fact I tell people the bad things that happen and how shoddy their systems are. I'll put Plusnet to the sword as easily as I would praise them.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
rock

Yes Plusnet keep telling us how wonderful they are and what super value ... reminds me of tony blair assuring us of WMD in Iraq.

This company needs to up its game.

They have been dealing with basic connections issues to places on the web for some time and I am one of the many who still get messages telling me that Google is unavailable -- Boo Hoo Plusnet. Get your finger out quick !

This bunny is not sunning himself.

Plusnet happiness dial is very clearly in the red and about to blow !

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

you are, of course, free to leave plusnet and move to BT retail if you feel that paying an extra £8pm is better value.
that's the benefit of a free market.
DavideB
Dabbler

Spot on Chenks76 we are free to move, but there is no harm in asking and not be like sheep and just follow for the sake of it

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

poor retort.