cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Engineer Not Turning Up

pidster61

BT Engineer Not Turning Up

I was due to have my new fibre broadband installed by Plusnet on 11th Feb, my old provider terminated my ADSL connection overnight on that day, not a problem as i thought Plusnet will have my new connection up and running in the afternoon, however no one turned up
We are now 1 week later than when I should have had superfast broadband and we still have no internet despite numerous calls to Plusnet to rearrange the appointment, however today after me phoning them (again) they've finally come back with a new install date of Friday 22nd Feb nearly 2 weeks after the initial installation date.
Managing without internet for 2 weeks has been really difficult with 2 teenage girls, particularly this week with it being half term, and me and my wife working from home frequently.  All plusnet have offered me so far is one free months broadband (effectively £9.99)
What a joke Plusnet are how can it take a whole week to rearrange an appointment that was missed due to ther own incompetence and then another 5 days to actually get an engineer out to do the install
Plusnet you need to try harder a very dissapointed customer  Angry Angry Angry
11 REPLIES 11
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: BT Engineer Not Turning Up

Hi there
Welcome to the forums Smiley
Someone from PN digital care team should pick this up soon
See here regarding the no show from BTOR http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I'm puzzled by your old provider disconnecting you - they should only do that when they get confirmation from BT that the migration has completed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm sorry for the way this happened but don't think we could add anything further that hasn't already been discussed either in your ticket or over the phone? The appointment was missed due to a system issue on our suppliers' side of things, due to the link between the system we order through and the system that they use to book the engineers.
I can see our provisioning team have been on top of this for you and an escalation raised to book this appointment, I hope everything does work out alright this time. Really sorry for the trouble that this has been.
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Just a comment: this seems to be happening too frequently for comfort. Perhaps there may be some mileage in migrating ADSL and then upgrading to fibre (if this is not overly costly). It could make for much more satisfied "new recruits"  Smiley
Note to self: must check if this has been discussed before!
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Taking the ADSL migration, then fibre upgrade route would potentially avoid significant loss of service. However I imagine each of those steps would have to be ordered separately, with the fibre order unable to be placed until the ADSL one completed.
So when a customer asks "how long to get fibre?" they would be told 2 weeks for ADSL + 3 weeks for fibre (say). At this point they say, but Another ISP quoted 3 weeks for fibre, your timescale is too long so no thanks.
While the approach sounds sensible, it's probably not commercially viable. The obvious solution is for BTOR to meet the promised schedule. I expect generally they do, but forums mostly record only the failures.
David
RJM
Rising Star

I have gone down this route and will be "live" with Plusnet at the end of the week all being well.
The cabinet just outside has just gone "live" but, reading the horror stories not only on here but with other ISP's
with exactly the same problems I felt happier to transfer to ADSL and then onto fibre later in the year.
Hopefully, the up-take will have slowed down - wishful thinking!
At, least this way if the engineer doesn't  turn-up you still have an functioning broadband service until they do!
steveuk
Grafter

I have seen a lot of post on here now saying how people have been cut of from there old supplyer and i don't see how this keeps happening, I moved from o2 to plusnet and also had a few issues with the install date yet i made sure my o2 connection stayed working untill i was finaly connected to plusnet fibre.
swayton
Dabbler

I'm was due to have my service upgraded to fibre this morning... after reading comments on here and the fact it's now midday should I assume BTOR aren't showing up here either?Huh
steveuk
Grafter

They can sometimes be late
dick:quote
rja
Grafter

If only they carried some sort of portable communications device they could use to let you know they are running late. I'm sure there would probably even be a market for that kind of thing outside BTOR engineers...
Grin
dick:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Perhaps there may be some mileage in migrating ADSL and then upgrading to fibre

I really like the idea but for the length of time it would be active for it would be quite costly, bearing in mind we'd have to pay a fee to activate, keep up and then cease the service all separate to the costs for FTTC. It's possible we could recoup those costs as part of the broadband subscription paid for fibre but IMHO it could become uncompetetive for what it's worth.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team