cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful service from Plusnet

clairecalder

Awful service from Plusnet

I signed up for Broadband from PlusNet 3 weeks ago and although I was sent a router I was never notified to say that the internet was activated. After spending 2 hours waiting on the online chat tonight I was told that the line transfer had been cancelled, they just hadn't told me. As I paid for a year upfront, I may not be able to get any of the nearly £200 back if I now cancel. If I stay with them they won't be able to make my internet live for at least another 2 weeks. Which means I'll have paid for around 5-6 weeks of internet which I haven't had. On top of that, they were unable to help me at all tonight and I have to call a different number tomorrow. I am extremely, extremely disappointed in this terrible service, especially after doing my homework and checking that PlusNet had a good reputation for customer service before I signed up.
I would not recommend PlusNet to anyone...
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Awful service from Plusnet

Hi Claire,
A warm welcome to the forums.  So sad to hear of your experience.  Were you advised of the reason for the order cancelation?  Did you by any chance tell your existing supplier of your intention to leave?  That is known to cause new supplier's orders to be unilaterally cancelled by BT as a new service order cannot be placed on a line having a cease order on it until the cease completes.
PlusNET not advising you though is not acceptable, indeed it is surprising that they did not.  Is there any possibility that you might have missed an email from them?  Though it is now quite difficult (if not impossible) to find, the ticket system (see link below) should show all of the detailed activity on your account.  You will need your user name and password to log into the user portal.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi Claire,
I've had a look over your account and it appears that when the order was cancelled on 15/11/15, email notification was sent through to you advising your order had been cancelled.
Unfortunately it appears that after the current provider cancelled our orders to take over the services, they then actually placed a cease order against the line, which is due to complete on 07/12/15. As there is currently a cease order in place against the line, this is preventing us from getting orders back in place to take over the service.
At the moment, all we'd realistically be able to do is wait for the cease to complete, at which point we would be able to restart the line and continue on to provide broadband after the line had been restarted in our ownership. Ideally, to avoid loss of service, we'd need the current provider to remove their cease order and allow us to take the services over.
Having said this, it appears you have discussed this with someone today and the notes on your account seem to suggest you have advised you are going to call our provisioning team later to go ahead with a new line installation instead of us taking over/restarting the current line?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Note that a new line provide is unlikely to be able to acquire the original number.  If you do not mind loosing that number, then it's not something to worry about.
Unless you can get the current provider to lift the cease in the existing line, you are likely to be without any service for a number of days.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.