cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful awful awful

Bee1

Awful awful awful

Nothing but slow and patchy service, tried to cancel and instead - against my better judgment - was convinced to upgrade to a supposedly ‘better’ contract which turned out to be paying more for an equally terrible service. Bad experience every time I called customer service including being laughed at for questioning a surcharge. In November I eventually managed to get them to send an engineer, only to have Plusnet send them to an address 200 miles away from my house. I have since switched to Talktalk (despite £172 Plusnet cancellation fee which I am happy to pay to be rid of them) and they have offered faultless service for less than I was paying with Plusnet. Plusnet are a vile money-sucking company who only care about profit, and could not care less about “doing you proud” (an outright lie of a slogan) or the quality of their service. Disgusting. DO NOT GO WITH PLUSNET UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

6 REPLIES 6
dotpotamus

Re: Awful awful awful

I got this sinking feeling that I may of signed up with the wrong company. Had line fitted on the 26-3-21 man said router be here tomorrow phoned on 2 more times today is 7-4-21 still waiting for router lol. Lucky I I am still within my 14 day cancellation time. 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@dotpotamus 

Are you aware that the 14 days cooling off period starts the day that you order the service, not when a line is fitted?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dotpotamus

Hi Baldrick1, I was unaware of this. All I want is a router and I will be happy lol. My sister is a Judge and she ikes dishing out advice so I will check with her. Thanks for letting me know about the cooling off period start date. 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@dotpotamus 

One for your sister to ponder, see the section headed  'Your initial 14 days cancellation period'  https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/#initial-14-day-cancellation-period.

Whether there are other options open such as a 'failure to supply' is another matter.

Quite honestly the Plusnet hubs are pretty poor anyway so many of us get a BT Smarthub 6 off an auction site as they are much better and can be bought for peanuts these days. You will find setting instructions pinned to the top of the Router board.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dotpotamus

Thanks for your advice on smart hub I will probably get one ordered. I spoke to pn today he has reordered a router a different way than the other 2 people I spoke to on the phone and should get it by Friday 😂. I have read a few reviews and pn don't really seem any worse or better than any of the other suppliers they just get to big and everything goes Fuzzy, at least the community forum is very helpful. So sum up get router on Friday plug in 🤔 then order a bt smart hub 6 live happily ever after 🌝

dotpotamus

I thought I would mention my router arrived set up was easy. The internet dropped out 1st day, 2nd day, infact everyday lol when it's on & running it is great so I am waiting for my bt hub 6 to arrive to see if drop outs are less frequent. When internet is running router is at the front of the house walls are 9" solid and slopdash rendered my phone picks up the WiFi signal in my work shop ( really it's a shed with grandeur ) at least 120 feet away just 1 bar but works ok ISH . Anyway I am quite happy with my Plusnet broadband that's for the chats 🙋.