cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Service from Plusnet, both customer service and technical.

pany

Awful Service from Plusnet, both customer service and technical.

I am writing in regards to the awful service, both customer and technical support I have received since joining Plusnet this January.
The original process seemed very straightforward and at a good price, there was a charge on the day of £24.96, then the monthly bills to pay, for phone and broadband of £31.97, minus the 50% broadband discount.
Move on to the 16th January and an email informs me of a DD on the 24th of the month for £9.99. (Strange, doesn't tie up with any projected bills).
24th January, I am emailed to say that Plusnet have raised a one off payment charge of £62.96 ( eek!)
An age of waiting on the phone, it turns out that Plusnet hadn't taken the money on the 8th January they emailed me to say they had. Additionally Plusnet had charged me a £25 connection fee, and not applied the Broadband discount. Took an age, and subsequent follow up calls,  but eventually the overcharged money back in my account. (Obviously less the fortune  and my time spent on hold waiting to get through to the award winning customer service).
Fast forward to the 27th February, no broadband, but i think its a temporary fault.
On the 1st March, I report the fault to Plusnet as realise phone and broadband have been no functional for 2 days. Obviously have to do this via mobile phone.
Now on the 13th March, I am still without phone and broadband. I have again at cost to myself tried to call Plusnet to get an update on progress and used my open question, number 66495825.
To date all i get is an automated script telling me that my question has been referred back to BOT phone faults. This happens every 5 days, looking like an  internal measure that they don't to breach.
The cost advantage to me, of moving to Plusnet, has been completely wiped away by the money spent calling customer services and my time, and i have no functioning telephone or broadband service.
I have posted here because I want an update and to know what is happening. ideally I would like out of my contract with Plusnet. I am not willing to spend another hour of my time and the associated mobile phone charge to get this information, when I am being ignored on the free online technical support.
5 REPLIES 5
pany

Re: Awful Service from Plusnet, both customer service and technical.

Amazing how after posting publicly, I get a response within 11 mins and a text message.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I'm really sorry to hear about these issues. If anything is still outstanding with the billing issue please let me know and I'll be happy to pick that up. BTW It looks like my colleague picked this up independently of you posting.
This happens every 5 days, looking like an  internal measure that they don't to breach.

To be fair that has only happened once and we base when to put the ticket on hold by an estimated response time given by our suppliers, I'm sorry if that's the impression you go though.
I can see that this issue is linked to a common fault and that we expect the next update from our suppliers on Friday.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pany

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

This happens every 5 days, looking like an  internal measure that they don't to breach.

To be fair that has only happened once and we base when to put the ticket on hold by an estimated response time given by our suppliers, I'm sorry if that's the impression you go though.

It has happened twice, which is why it looked like a pattern. Fault reported on the 1st March, automated script returning to BOT- phone faults on the 6th March and 11th March.
pany

Now been with Plusnet for almost 2 months and had no phone or broadband since the end of February. I'm guessing that there won't be any issues with collecting the bill for the last month of no service.
To make matters worse, my projected time to fix is the 31st March. Obviously this useful information didn't come from Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: pany
and the associated mobile phone charge

Are you on a mobile contract? If so you should be ringing 0345 140 0200 which should be included in your call allowance.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)