cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Music on Hold

rosetrees

Awful Music on Hold

Please do something about the truly appalling noise that I've just been subjected to whilst waiting for my problem to be solved.  I am not joking when I say that if I have to listen to that again I will change providers.
The lady I spoke to said she has been putting in requests for it to be changed or at the very least reduced in volume for 18 months.
Why are you not listening to your customers?  Either give us a choice of what to listen to or change it to quiet, easy listening.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Awful Music on Hold

Some Northern Soul would be nice as they're evidently lacking it themselves.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

This is a heavily debated subject with mixed opinions. However, most opinions are the same regarding the volume in that it's too loud. 
I know it was in the pipeline to be addressed, but a few months ago we completely changed the phone systems that we operate on to accommodate an increase of calls into the CSC as we grew. As a result of this I think the plans changed.
I'll raise it again to see if we can take it down a notch.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Matty,
Rather than fix the music, please fix the wait times, so as to reduce customer's exposure to it.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Empirical
Grafter

What's wrong with Moloko?
Just out of curiosity through I recall promises of new call centre = less wait times, then when people are trained=less wait times but now the promises seem to have dried up? Have plusnet just given up on it?
All4One
Grafter

New call centre and new people does mean less wait times but don't forget between those promises and now, there's been X thousands of new customers. I called for my parents last week during the afternoon and I was straight through despite it saying a 15min wait.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I had to ring PN a couple of months ago 5 times in 10 days and never once waited longer than 4 minutes.
I do wonder if some of the wait times mentioned on here are from customers who hear the message and hang up rather than the actual time they waited for.
and yes please turn the volume down at least.
Empirical
Grafter

40 mins last night - but that was too their Tech Support. I think Customer Service was less since their stats page said there was only 8 people in the queue.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Kevin - As a man who prefers to attack the root cause, that used to be my line but I feel that the wait times have actually improved a bit over the last 8/9 months. I know that when I first started being active on these forums (outside of the FTTP one) we certainly had more complaints about the wait times. Though I do appreciate that at peak times there can be a wait time much longer than I'd like us to be at.
Personally, I think we should get rid of everything on there except Pulp  Grin
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Matty,
No argument that call answering time has improved, but it could be better.  A recent call to Business Support took much longer to answer than I ever recalled when I was a business user.
Not had to call residential support for ages as the underlying cause of most of my need to contact them has been resolved properly - the BT line and a router firmware upgrade.  Current xDSL session is 308 days.  Now that is what I call a root cause fix.
More power to your elbows!
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

To be fair, I've only really taken residential wait times into account, and haven't given Biz much thought. Though I am aware that we hired a lot of staff externally for business, in the interest of not taking resource away from the CSC.