cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Customer Service

shrimpersfan

Awful Customer Service

Hello all.
Just thought I'd share my experience with PlusNet so far.
Fibre Broadband was set up on 19th January with an expected speed between 28 and 38 mbps. The speed I was receiving on the first 10 days started at 22mbps and gradually dropped to around 16mbps. I waited for the 10 days to finish as I understand that during this time PlusNet would be checking the line for the optimal speed.
After my speed didn't increase after day 12 I raised a question with PlusNet advising of the issue. This was on the 28th January and the site informed me that I would receive a response with 24 hours later.
Roll on to 2nd Febrauary and nobody has even picked up my question. Let alone answer it. I have spoken to 3 separate advisors who told me that it had been escalated to their manager and that I would receive a call that same day. Suffice to say that this didn't happen on any of the 3 occasions.
As a new customer I am so far appalled at the lack of customer service by a company who apparently pride themselves on this.
6 REPLIES 6
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Awful Customer Service

FYI - there is no 10 day training period for FTTC products.
shrimpersfan

Interesting... Is this definitely the case? I thought this was standard across all ISP's?
mav:quote
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

10 day training periods are only on ADSL products.
if any ISP told you there was one on a FTTC product then they were lying to you.
shrimpersfan

Hardly surprising judging from the experience I've had with PN so far
mav:quote
scottjo
Dabbler

I know exactly how you feel!
thedarkmaster
Dabbler

Sounds like you have the same problem as me.
Just to let you know I was told by an adviser that the ticket is up to 72 hours. The 24 hours is for business.
I had another drop out last night should be getting 62 down, but was getting 33, now its 27.
I have made a complaint about it though Ofcom and there advice. It is really poor service from them.
I work in retail so I know how the advisers feel when they get told all the information my management. And its the management that do nothing about fixing all the problems.