Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Award Winning Phone??

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Award Winning Phone??

When calling PN you are greeted with the message "Welcome to Plusnet, home of awarding winning phone and broadband"
Can someone please tell me what awards PN have won for their home phone service?
I have had a look at the rewards page http://www.plus.net/residential/awards.shtml , but can see no mention of awards for the home phone service, or is it the case that PN have won no awards for their home phone?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

15 REPLIES 15
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Re: Award Winning Phone??

A response from PN to my query would be welcomed
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not specifically for the phone, no, but our support has won several awards over the years - which is support for all the services we offer.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: Matt
Not specifically for the phone, no,

So that quote on your phone system is totally misleading("Welcome to Plusnet, home of awarding winning phone..") to customers and potential customers, this is not honest and a suggest you change the message.
Not specifically for the phone, no, but our support has won several awards over the years - which is support for all the services we offer.

Sorry Matt, but how is that relevant to "Welcome to Plusnet, home of awarding winning phone" , that clearly states you have won awards for your home phone product, which you have not.
If you have won awards for you service why not mention that instead of giving false and misleading information.?
Yet another example of PN not been open and honest
I believe strongly that information given to customers and potential customers from any company, should be clear,concise and correct, on this occasion that has not happened.
Regards
Mike

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

While I do see your point I'm not sure it's as misleading as you make out, and I'm not sure that using selective quotes is the best way to put the point across either. We have won awards for our support of all our services, this surely deserves a bit of marketing, no?
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

While I do see your point I'm not sure it's as misleading as you make out,

You say its not "as misleading" are you saying it is some what misleading? , PN are claiming to have won awards for a product which you have already said you have not have won awards for. The greeting mentions nothing about awards for service !! . To me that is clearly misleading
and I'm not sure that using selective quotes is the best way to put the point across either.

Can you please tell me how you feel i am wrongly using selective quotes ? when i have already included the full quote  "Welcome to Plusnet, home of awarding winning phone and broadband" when i started the topic .
I dropped the "and broadband" in my reply because that was not relevant to the specific query, and we all now PN has won awards for broadband. Not sure what your getting at there Smiley
We have won awards for our support of all our services, this surely deserves a bit of marketing, no?

Obviously you did not read my reply fully (see below) :), you may have won awards for "support of all our services" , but that is not what the message says. the message is saying the phone has won awards (which it has not) along with the broadband (which has won awards)
Quote from: ITWorks
If you have won awards for you service why not mention that instead of giving false and misleading information.?

Regards
Mike

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The message has been on the phones now since before the TV campaign started, and this is the first complaint we've had on the issue - plus this thread has now been here for 3 days with no responses by any other users.
Yes, there's some marketing spin on the message but it's not untrue as it stands - I'll raise it to the marketing team but I'm not sure if it'll be changed to be honest. I'm not saying we won't look at it, particularly if we do get more interest (take that as a cue to drum up support for the thread if you like Wink ) but as things stand now that's where we are.
gswindale
Grafter

So should the tagline be changed to
Welcome to Plusnet the home of award winning support?
What sort of support - what do they provide.
With the existing tagline; I know that PN provide telephone & Broadband and have won awards in the past/present.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

The message has been on the phones now since before the TV campaign started, and this is the first complaint we've had on the issue - plus this thread has now been here for 3 days with no responses by any other users.

Only 2 days , i started the thread yesterday morning Smiley , if any one else has any views on this, please post
Yes, there's some marketing spin on the message but it's not untrue as it stand

We will have to a agree to disagree on this on Matt  Wink
'll raise it to the marketing team but I'm not sure if it'll be changed to be honest.

Thanks for that, and taking the time to respond .
Regards
Mike

godsell4
Rising Star

- plus this thread has now been here for 3 days with no responses by any other users.

Does not mean we are not reading this in interest and waiting for PN to do the right thing.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

..or are we seeing it as a 'no big deal' thing when there are bigger fish to fry.
Just an observation Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That is indeed the point - unless you say one way or the other, how do we (Plusnet that is) know what you want? Smiley
matt_2k34
Grafter

Someones got nothing better to do than report websites to the ASA?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

That greeting has been there since I joined a while back, I actually quite like It, And If plusnet wants I can give them an award for their home phone, Not one spot of bother with It since I took It In 2009 Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Seconded Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine