cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Award Winning Customer Service .... I think not ...

mgshaw
Dabbler

Award Winning Customer Service .... I think not ...

I felt I had to share this with others .. Plusnet your Customer Care isn't as great as you make out .. nobody really wants to own the problems .. just constant flannel that Openreach are trying to find "solutions" .... I would like to see if anyone else can beat the 6 days of no service ... 

So I am now heading into my 6th day without my fibre service. When I logged the fault I told the Plusnet agent that the Openreach Engineer who was in the duct outside my front door not 30 minutes previous will have stolen my copper pair to the cabinet as this has happened before and I had no dial tone or BB signal. But to no avail .. the script was followed and a standard fault was logged with Openreach on Thursday 28th July.

So the Openreach guy turns up today (1st August ... yes 5 days to get here) and within 5 minutes tells me that I have a disconnect somewhere between my property and the cabinet .. as if I didnt know that already ... he then tells me that he can't go in the duct so he needs to book an "underground engineer" (whatever that may be..perhaps someone from middle earth), to look in the duct and steal someone else's pair as that cable is full .. He tells me that he doesn't know when they will get someone out so I ring Plusnet to try and get this expedited but get the same old flannel that its an Openreach system and Plusnet dont have visibility as to the booking system ..

So as a sweetener I get offered free broadband next month .. nice gesture ... but thats not a way to delight your customer .. its a way of buying some time .. I have no service (going into day 6) and your priority should be to get the service restored as quickly as possible especially when you have been told from the 1st call where the fault was .. why didn't you pass that information onto Openreach .. 

After this incident I am seriously considering moving away from Plusnet. When you do have an issue as nobody really seems to want to own the problem and get the issue resolved quickly. The agents are not empowered to resolve anything but merely follow a script and update notes.

Award winning customer Service is not about how quick you answer the phone or how many freebies you give out .. its about resolving issues in an expedited manner when they arise and assigning someone some accountability to get the issue sorted.

8 REPLIES 8
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Award Winning Customer Service .... I think not ...

This is very much like the situation decades ago with job demarkation.

One example being a Glasgow shipyard where a burner with a cutting torch couldn't/wouldn't cut a sheet of steel until the man with a piece of chalk came along and made a line for him to cut along! If he had drawn the line it would have caused a strike.  BTOR, it would seem, are still in the dark ages and still operate a similar practice.

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

and you have the unions to thank for that.
sooner unions are disbanded the better.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm sorry that you're unhappy with the level of service received. When you reported the fault to us we have the ability to add a note to Openreach on the fault report, however this is unlikely to have changed the resolution much on this if I'm completely honest. The initial estimated response was yesterday and we're now being advise the fault is resolved.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mgshaw
Dabbler

So as a consumer would you be happy with 6 days of no service ? Why when I reported it on Thursday nobody lifted a finger until Monday ?

chenks76
All Star

there are agreed SLAs in place for residential customers, which are based on "working days".
i believe you are still within the agreed SLA for a standard fault.

for shorted SLAs you have to pay for the privilege, which is standard across any business.
mgshaw
Dabbler

Can you direct me to that please as I wasn't aware that Openreach offered any SLA .. That said I think you are missing my point .. why hide behind the SLA .. just get the thing fixed ASAP 

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We did pass this through to Openreach when it was reported to us, they advised the 1st was the estimated response and I'm sorry that this took a day longer than anticipated to resolve.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chenks76
All Star

@mgshaw wrote:

Can you direct me to that please as I wasn't aware that Openreach offered any SLA .. That said I think you are missing my point .. why hide behind the SLA .. just get the thing fixed ASAP 

i don't work for plusnet or openreach, so i'm not hiding behind anything, simply supplying valid points regarding your issue.