Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated process for MAC generation

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Automated process for MAC generation

Why not change the automated to generate the key within 48 hours instead of at the last minute
Quote from: Mand
It's an automated process (our system requests the MAC in time to meet the regulations).
There was a problem, which is why the ticket talks of manual intervention.
5 REPLIES 5
Mand
Grafter

Re: Automated process for MAC generation

IIRC it does it after 3 days (giving us 2 days to sort any issues should there be any and still meet the deadline).
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Why the delay
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It gives customers a chance to cool down and consider any offers made during the first call, and to shop about for any other offers that may be available. It also means we've a better chance of retaining a customer.
Unfortunately in this as with all things we have to balance the process with the needs of the business.
stiffnuts
Grafter

No one tried to retain me and no one tried to explain things to me. In fact no attempt at all was made to find out what my beef was. Anyhow Ive used the MAC today that I received and I am grateful. The reality is that the call centre staff are so useless that they need staff on this forum to sort out issues which can and should be sorted out at the call centre. Why can staff on here sort out things in a quater of the time that call centre staff take. Its a joke!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

stiffnuts,
Your comments are a concern, especially if no attempt has been made to retain your custom although I fear it may be too late now. However if it is something you think you might be willing to discuss by all means let me know and one of us can give you a call if you like.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team