Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention Everyone..........

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Attention Everyone..........

Rookey
You contacted our Customer Options Team, they made you an offer. You weren't happy with is so the offer was enhanced to give you a different offer, unfortunately you deemed this wasn't acceptable either. There has to be a cut-off point otherwise we may as well ask customers to name their own prices, I can't see what we've done wrong here?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
AndyH
Grafter

I'm confused then.
If your exchange is Market 1, I thought your exchange couldn't be LLU? Apologies if I am wrong here and someone corrects me.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Market 1 exchanges can have 1 LLU supplier - 2-3 LLU for Market 2 (IIRC) and more than 3 LLU makes it Market 3.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Chris
I can't see what we've done wrong here?

Nothing...is probably the simplest answer. Rookey is free to make his/her own choice in this matter.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: rookey
I am hard of hearing and internet is my way of getting in touch with friends and families via Face Time and Skype etc...  I dont RING anyone up as I cant hear on the phone only VERY RARE i use the line for a call via Type Talk.  So the evening and weekend line rental is not a huge advantage  for me at all.  
That why i would of though we get a cheaper deal to compensate but that LIFE that why i never say this things but this how I feel sometime.

The problem is you need a phone line to get a broadband service.
If you want, I can provide you some links to devices that the hard of hearing can use which massively improves hearing on the phone. Depending on your situation, you can sometimes get these provided for free.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: Jaggies
Market 1 exchanges can have 1 LLU supplier - 2-3 LLU for Market 2 (IIRC) and more than 3 LLU makes it Market 3.

I looked here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/low_cost_areas.shtml
It says Market 1 - BT Wholesale is the only provider of broadband, surely that means non-LLU exchanges/non-cable areas?
picbits
Rising Star

So Rookey - what is it about Plusnet's service that you don't feel you're getting value for ? Are you having connection issues / stability issues ?
Have you had problems with customer service ?
Or is it purely a price issue ?
rookey
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
I'm confused then.
If your exchange is Market 1, I thought your exchange couldn't be LLU? Apologies if I am wrong here and someone corrects me.

Well dont know why this but I can say I am 100% there is LLU at our exchange and it only Talk Talk that enabled at the moment so not sure how long it be before others follows...
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@AndyH You're right, of course - I was relying on that thing in my head, you know, full of holes, you strain things in it...
"I joined the Foreign Legion to forget."
"Forget what?"
"I can't remember..."
However, the last OFCOM reclassification was a couple of years ago, and some exchanges which would be Market 2/3 if reclassified now, are still set at the previous classification.
rookey
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
I am hard of hearing and internet is my way of getting in touch with friends and families via Face Time and Skype etc...  I dont RING anyone up as I cant hear on the phone only VERY RARE i use the line for a call via Type Talk.  So the evening and weekend line rental is not a huge advantage  for me at all.  
That why i would of though we get a cheaper deal to compensate but that LIFE that why i never say this things but this how I feel sometime.

The problem is you need a phone line to get a broadband service.
If you want, I can provide you some links to devices that the hard of hearing can use which massively improves hearing on the phone. Depending on your situation, you can sometimes get these provided for free.

THAT A [Censored] enough I can't  hear a bloody thing discrimination coming into this now hey
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  Avoidance of swear filter removed ]
rookey
Grafter

Quote from: picbits
So Rookey - what is it about Plusnet's service that you don't feel you're getting value for ? Are you having connection issues / stability issues ?
Have you had problems with customer service ?
Or is it purely a price issue ?

Well I have had some speed issue for a few weeks but past couple have been worse in which we are currently correcting and it seems to have improved so that ok..
We all have budgets to deal with we all dont have high wages like many people do. Got to keep prices right to keep roof above our heads
picbits
Rising Star

I hear what you're saying - I've only earned £100 in the last month but thats a hazzard of being self employed.
Having spent the past year looking around for an alternative to BE with FTTC I settled on Plusnet - the half price discount for the first 6 months was nice but not a deal clencher and I'd have been happy to pay the £19.99 a month straight from the outset for the service I'm receiving.
Money is tight here as well - we have a kiddie with a disability but I'd rather spend my time trying to earn money than chasing poor support teams around trying to resolve problems - that £5 a month I'd have saved by going elsewhere would rapidly look like a false economy.
AndyH
Grafter

@ Jaggies - That would make sense. In which case, rookey should vent his frustration at Ofcom. As he can't use his phone or mobile, he is going to have to email or write a letter.
@ rookey - You said you couldn't use your telephone as you were hard of hearing. I was only trying to help by offer some alternatives. You should have a look here http://www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk/supporting-you/rights-and-benefits/benefits-and-services/what-... as you might be able to claim physical or mental disability benefits for your hearing problems.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It shocking it really is shocking how customers are treated...

What is shocking is how some users think that Plusnet is a charity not a business.
I'd rather know that my ISP is charging realistic prices with a realistic business plan and will still be in business in 5 years time rather than making desperate attempts to keep customers be making unaffordable retention offers. We've all seen far too many businesses go under over the years in that way.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rookey
Grafter

Why was Plus net injected with some money a few years back.  I know this is a fact unless someone can correct me.
BT been round for YEARS how do they do it.
jim:quote