Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention Everyone..........

rookey
Grafter

Attention Everyone..........

Right this is a disgrace....
There a few of us on here who want to stay with plus net but get the price a bit lower.  HMMMM look like they are offering prices cheaper for new customer as I know someone who just signed up (not to name)
Here the deal they had.
SOOOO plus net Match it for us LONG SERVING CUSTOMERS.....

Your order All prices include VAT
Today's payment
Unlimited Broadband (First month)£16.99
Promotional discount (for 12 months)- £8.50
Plusnet Protect powered by McAfee (First month)Included
Router P&P£5.99
Line rental (First month)£13.99
Talk Evenings & Weekends (First month)Included
Voicemail (1571) (First month)Included
Today's total£28.47
Monthly payment
Unlimited Broadband£16.99
Promotional discount (for 12 months)- £8.50
Plusnet Protect powered by McAfeeIncluded
Line rental£13.99
Talk Evenings & WeekendsIncluded
Voicemail (1571)Included
Monthly total£22.48
adie:red all caps title removed as per link:rules
75 REPLIES 75
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Attention Everyone..........

Offers are always there to attract new customers, be it utilities, broadband or insurance.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: rookey
Right this is a disgrace....

Nope, it's the way the world is!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AndyH
Grafter

Nothing new with service companies offering lower prices for new customers.
Even without the promotions, PN is one of the best priced ISPs out there.
rookey
Grafter

But I was told there was no offer to new or old customer at the moment last week so this is a Pack of Lies......
Well if you dont value your long serving customers they all move to new supplies simple as that.
Hence of this post it will wake everyone up who are in the same boat as me.
Utilities hmm your wrong my energy supply match the new company i was going to move to as they did not want me to leave so there are some companies out there who cares for there long customers..
rookey
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
Nothing new with service companies offering lower prices for new customers.
Even without the promotions, PN is one of the best priced ISPs out there.

You gotta be joking go and do your math
rookey
Grafter

£31.98 for broadband and phone many places you can get it for £25 easy or lower....
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That offer looks like one that's been made with an affiliate, not directly through us.
@Rookey,
Whilst I can understand the point you're trying to make, the simple facts are that we've made you some offers that you don't like and told you that the offers we've given you are the lowest we can currently offer in your market area. I'm sorry if the offer isn't as low as you'd like it to be, but we actually do need to make money as we're a business.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
AndyH
Grafter

What's the breakdown of the £31.98?
rookey
Grafter

£17.99 Broadband
£13.99 Evening and Weekend line rental
rookey
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
That offer looks like one that's been made with an affiliate, not directly through us.
@Rookey,
Whilst I can understand the point you're trying to make, the simple facts are that we've made you some offers that you don't like and told you that the offers we've given you are the lowest we can currently offer in your market area. I'm sorry if the offer isn't as low as you'd like it to be, but we actually do need to make money as we're a business.

Does it matter you rather make money out of Long standing customers who been with one provider easily 15 years and we get nothing back.  This not business this is pure selfish.  Taking on new customers hmmm Maybe they should get aware how they are treated once they have signed up then....
rookey
Grafter

Is there anything stopping me Cancelling my account and join again to get that discount??? Or would it be easier for you just to match it rather than messing about?Huh
Chris
Legend

And I'm pretty sure we told you in the ticket that if we had an offer at the moment, we'd be able to offer you a similar price to that. Unfortunately we can't be on offer all the time, it simply doesn't make financial sense and is actually against advertising regulations (you have to be off offer for a certain %age of time).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

To cancel your line you'd need to pay the £25 cessation fee, then you'd need to sign up through whatever affiliate that offer is from as we don't have any general offers on our website at the moment.
picbits
Rising Star

I see the offers as being there to attract new customers to the site / business. The company may not make much profit out of the customer during this period.
If the customers then like the service then they stay. The company then makes their profit which enables them to carry on providing the service the customer is staying for.
I was with BE for around 5 years. I paid a premium for the service, never complained and only left because they couldn't offer FTTC. I had good service and didn't mind paying for it. Yes, new customers got a discount for 6 months or whatever but I'd already had that discount when I first signed up.
When you do the maths, Plusnet don't make huge amounts of money out of us. When you bargain in what they pay to BT for the access to their backbone plus the data charges there is very little left over. If everyone was continually offered the new discounts, the company wouldn't make any money.
I'd rather pay a couple of quid extra a month and get a reliable connection with good customer service than pay my money to a company who were running on a minimal margin and cutting corners with their service.