cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approaching 2 months - still no service

mjdoncaster

Approaching 2 months - still no service

Hi

Having read the saga at 'My on-going problem and feedback' I'm starting to feel a little worried. My order was placed 20th October and finally went live 29th Nov and 5th Dec (line and broadband). Unfortunately, I have not heard a dial tone yet and router reports DSL Down as expected. This delay is in spite of relaying the information given by the BT engineer back in early November that "the service was on the wrong exchange for my address". Like others, I'm fully aware of the 30 minute wait to speak with customer support, so have tried to stick to updating the support ticket....albeit with increasing frustrated responses. It seems that nothing happens until the on hold period expires, then the cycle repeats.

Can anyone advise what is happening with my service?

Best

5 REPLIES 5
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Approaching 2 months - still no service

cmon plusnet help this chap out Smiley

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @mjdoncaster

I'm struggling to find your account, please could you drop me a PM with your username.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for PMing me your username.

Looking over the history on your account, it appears the address you signed up for the services to be provided at was a silver key address. This essentially means that although the address is known on the systems, there are no up to date records (Usually because there has been no line on the BT network there is some time), therefore a survey is required to be carried out by our suppliers in the first instance to determine what work is required to install the line and provide the service.

Unfortunately the provision of services at a silver key address can take longer than other addresses where up to date records are held.

I see it took almost a month for our suppliers to carry out the survey and necessary external work before an appointment was due to go ahead. However looking at the notes, it appears the service had been built on our suppliers systems to the incorrect exchange.

I do sincerely apologise for the amount of time it took from signup to our orders completing, however it appears we did all we could to try and get you online as soon as possible.

Following this, I'm sorry to see a fault was reported last week due to the services not working after the completion of the order. I see this is in hand with our faults team and we have raised the matter with our suppliers and we have been asked to check back tomorrow for further updates.

In regards to the delays and problems with the orders, I'd be happy to refund your line installation fee as a gesture of goodwill. If you'd be happy to accept this, please could you let me know via the ticket on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=139995230

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mjdoncaster

Hi HarryB

Thanks for the update. Even a brief technical explanation of the issue makes the pain a bit more bearable.

I've updated the ticket as requested. Please check the comments I've made on the ticket as I'm still not sure this is ever going to work.

Mick

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to see that the line has been built to the incorrect exchange again, despite us contacting our suppliers to advise of the correct exchange when we previously replaced the order.

As discussed, I've now taken ownership of this and will be on the phone with our suppliers escalating this matter later today or Monday if the order hasn't made it through to their back-end systems by the time I leave today.

I do apologise for any inconvenience this is causing. Thank you for your patience.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet