cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling support

KeithRose

Appalling support

I reported loss of broadband on Tuesday 15th Oct, today is 26th and I am still without connection at home despite a number of calls to Plusnet. Blame is being placed on BT who allegedly fixed the problem on 20th - but didn't, a home visit was booked for Wed 22nd - no-one turned up and I was told the next available visit would be today, 26th. At this time 11:55 no-one has turned up and I doubt they will. According to Plusnet there's nothing they can do to push BT who are clearly treating us with contempt. I am not a BT customer, I am a Plusnet customer and Plusnet shoud be able to do much more on behalf of their customer - me.

4 REPLIES 4
All4One
Grafter

Re: Appalling support

But if you have a fault, it's BT's network, same with all providers on the BT network. Any update on the issue?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi KeithRose,
Sorry to see that the engineer appointment didn't go ahead.
I can see we've escalated this and that you've an engineer appointment booked this morning, let me know how you get on.
KeithRose

Following the anticipated non-arrival of an engineer on Saturday I was assured - by a Plusnet operator/technician(?) - that he had been speaking to a BT manager and a visit would definitely be made on Monday 28th. It didn't happen. So that's 3 non-appearances. On Monday I was assured that an engineer would come today, Tuesday. It had to happen eventually and did today. He tested the lines, wiring and socket and could find no faults. The connection has since returned and, at this time, is still open. We shall see if it lasts.
Even though I am re-connected this has taken 14 days, including three days confined to my house waiting for someone to not turn up, multiple calls to Plusnet and an unknown amount of time on those calls. BT seems to have been calling the shots and treating Plusnet as well as me with contempt, but I am not impressed that Plusnet has not, or could not, get this sorted out much sooner.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Glad to see that you're now connected again, just sorry for the missed engineer visits.
I've dropped a ticket on your account, let me know if anything changes with your connection.