cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling service and staff lying

Engineer69

Appalling service and staff lying

As I already have multiple business lines with Plusnet I thought it would be a good idea to transfer my elderly parents residential phone and broadband to Plusnet. This should be a seamless switchover from Sky to Plusnet.
Today my parents called from a neighbours phone to say that they have no phoneline working at all. I called Plusnet, only to sit in the queue for 35 minutes to be put through to a 'technical support advisor' who decided to lie and say that BT Openreach had to go to the exchange and switch the line over! REALLY?Huh
Does Plusnet think all customers are stupid? He has now told me I would be transferred to an advisor in sales and I'm now back in a queue and have been for the last 15 minutes.
Not a great way to treat customers and I now have no communication with my elderly parents who are both in poor health.
Please answer the phone and sort this out
8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Appalling service and staff lying

If it's an LLU transfer an engineer will be needed.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Engineer69

No engineer needed or booked by Plusnet
Current time in hold queue 1 hour and 15 mins.
Time to look at our business provider as well I think. I'm on hold and not running MY business.
jem16
Grafter

Quote from: Engineer69
No engineer needed or booked by Plusnet

When I moved from Sky to PlusNet, a BT Openreach engineer had to transfer me from Sky's LLU equipment at the exchange onto BT's equipment at the exchange as this is what PlusNet uses. Downtime is usually around 30 monutes or so whilst this transfer happens. There is no need for an engineer to call at the house as it's all done from the exchange.
So yes an engineer is needed and will have been booked by PlusNet if your parents are on Sky's full LLU service and you have been given accurate information. The wait time, however, is unacceptable.
Perhaps that transfer over is why your parents currently don't have a phone line.
Engineer69

My parents phone line is a standard BT one and not Sky's LLU equipment.  The problem has been resolved now but the issue of staff lieing is a major one. LLU connection issues have not been a major problem since 2006 so why use it as a default excuse for poor service?
I've wasted an hour and a half of my time dealing with this today so my business has suffered. Time for me to look at a new supplier for the business lines is this poor service continues.
Good manners costs nothing and professional attitude keeps customers.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I can see the phone order completed at 10:24 this morning and we received notification of this at 10:50am.
INFO OR530 - Order Completed
INFO OR5894 - Order / Line activated at 02/11/2015 10:24:00
INFO OR5183 - Provision - Transfer and Conversion
Transferring a phone service still requires frames activity to be completed.  The broadband order is set to go live today once we receive notification of completion.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jem16
Grafter

Quote from: Engineer69
My parents phone line is a standard BT one and not Sky's LLU equipment.

OK fair enough if that's the case. Most with Sky line rental are on their own LLU exchange equipment but some aren't. Both still use BT wiring to the exchange though.
The problem has been resolved now but the issue of staff lieing is a major one.

I would assume that the staff you spoke to assumed it was LLU equipment involved rather than actually lied.
LLU connection issues have not been a major problem since 2006 so why use it as a default excuse for poor service?

Not a major problem but does involve some downtime and BT Openreach to transfer over.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Looks like the line was working while the OP was still trying to speak to someone at PN. That's the issue PN have screwed up the systems which result in wound up customers while the service is better than it seems.
Perhaps the OP will be back to tell us how his parents are after all this  Sad
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

The broadband order has completed and the account's active as well.
We can see a active connection too.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team