cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling Service

Jjcroucher
Hooked

Appalling Service

I moved my elderly mother from TalkTalk to Plusnet as I thought the service would be better. Big mistake.

Service was due to start on 29/3. After four calls to customer service her line is still dead. Considering she relies on Aid Call, this is not a good situation.

Engineers seem unable to do end to end testing before leaving the job which necessitates me calling back for another engineer and another date. Currently it's 29/4 but I'm not holding my breath.

Oh,  you got the billing to start on time. You don't have a problem there.

10 REPLIES 10
Jjcroucher
Hooked

Re: Appalling Service

By the way, Plusnet, Aid Call is a service provided to the elderly. The owner wears a pendant which is an emergency button. This can be activated if the owner has an accident/fall/mishap and alerts the emergency services and family responders. It gives great confidence to the owner and their family.

i have relayed this to all your service staff, but clearly this is no greater incentive for you to get her line up and running.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Jjcroucher,

I'm very sorry that your mother has been without a landline since moving to us and for the inconvenience and concern that this is causing, particularly given that she has a careline pendant.

Please can you send me the account username via private message and I'll look into this for you. Please comment on this thread once you've sent the PM so we can make sure that this is picked back up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Jjcroucher
Hooked

Emily

A BT engineer has just fixed the problem. Her line was disconnected at the exchange. It took him 10 minutes to sort out AND he made sure her she could make and receive calls worked before leaving. Nice chap doing the basics.

But why did it take nearly a month with all the stress that put on us? She is happy it's done. I will no doubt be fuming for several days.

You haven't done us proud.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Thank you for letting us know @Jjcroucher. I'm glad to hear that this has been resolved by an engineer today but I'm sorry for the length of time that this took to resolve and for the poor experience with the previous engineers. It's disappointing to hear that the previous engineers did not take the time to check whether the services were working before leaving the job and we can pass feedback on to our suppliers about this.

Has anybody discussed arranging a gesture of goodwill for your mother due to the poor experience that she's had, alongside a refund for any days where she has paid for the services but has been unable to use them due to the delayed installation? If not, we're happy to look into this from here. If you'd like us to do this, please send me the account username via private message and then drop us another message on this thread so that we can make sure this is picked up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Jjcroucher
Hooked

There was a vague suggestion that Plusnet would look into a refund but not sure how you can give me back the amount of time I've spent trying to sort this. I will PM you my mother's account name and leave the rest up to you.

thanks for the prompt response.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Jjcroucher,

Thank you for sending the private message with the account details.

Due to the care-line pendent being installed, I have increased the care level of the service to level 2 which will result in a priority fault repair should the service disconnect again. I would recommend filling out the additional support form so that we are fully aware of your mothers vulnerabilities.

I have updated the fault ticket on the account with regards to the refund and good will gesture, this can be accessed here. Once a reply has been sent, please let us know on here so we can pick it up as soon as possible.

Thanks again.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Jjcroucher
Hooked

Thanks for that, but when I follow the link and choose broadband from the My Account drop down menu it just displays a list of links to your careers, modern slavery (I hope the two are not linked), gender pay gap etc. Can't see anything that enables me to login to my account. Does the same on the recent billing email I was sent.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Which browser are you using on which platform?

There was an issue recently where Safari on iOS 9 (Mk2 ipad) would not display the portal pages recently.  Your symptoms sound similar.  Are you able to try with an alternative browser?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Jjcroucher,

I'm sorry that you have had problems accessing our Member Centre site, it's not ideal and I appreciate how frustrating this can be.

If other sites are working and ours is not, try clearing your browser cache and history, as well as any bookmarks you may have for us, and try again. You can also try another browser to see whether it's browser related, or even a different device.

If you continue to experience problems, please do come back to us and I'll try to help.

Thanks - LF

Jjcroucher
Hooked

I fired up my old laptop and it works with IE, so thanks for the tip.

Discussed the offer with mum and she was of the view to accept the offer and move on, although personally its small beer compared to the hassle this has caused. But that's what we will do.

Thanks to all involved for getting this sorted, especially the last engineer that attended. Shame he wasn't the first one...