Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling Service - New Customer

andycamp87
Dabbler

Re: Appalling Service - New Customer

Final final note....
Even after being ordered by CISAS to issue me an apology and compensation the deadline (4 weeks) come and went. Only after having to chase them further have I received a response in full from them:
Dear Mr,  As part of your CISAS case we have been asked to apologise and pay you £200. I apologise for any inconvenience caused and a cheque will arrive in the post within 14 days.  Kind regards
And that ladies and gentleman is the extent of my "apology". Also 14 days to send a cheque? Really? Absolute joke of a company.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Wow , that's a pathetic apology from PN , and it took them more than 4 weeks, to string a sentence together, its more of an insult
I would email the CEO.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Empirical
Grafter

Quote from: andycamp87

And that ladies and gentleman is the extent of my "apology". Also 14 days to send a cheque? Really? Absolute joke of a company.

Goodness that is quite a pathetic apology. What do you (Plusnet) think that will look like when he shows his friends and families that? Just because you are losing a customer doesn't mean you should give up on customer service for that very reason.
Andy, did they not give you back the remainder of your line rental? Under the circumstances its pretty despicable if they did not.
However in regards to the 14 days for the CQ that is a little unfair. They have to say that to cover any possible delay by royal mail. Its about setting expectations. It doesn't automatically mean they will take 14 days to post.  Smiley Although admittedly they seem to fail a lot at meeting the expectations they set with you so I understand your anger.
Going to be blunt but this seems piss poor customer service. If something has escalated this far how can you still fail to meet your deadlines?
andycamp87
Dabbler

No I never did receive any refund for my line rental, maybe I should have included it in my compensation. Also I understand the 14 days is just really to cover their backs but this is the 21st century! Have they not heard of a bank transfer? After all I have been through the least I expected from them was to pay up on time! A stern e-mail to Andy Baker is definitely in order and I shall be hopefully firing that off later today.
For any new potential customers reading this I highly recommend you run far far away from these cowboys!
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

No I never did receive any refund for my line rental, maybe I should have included it in my compensation. Also I understand the 14 days is just really to cover their backs but this is the 21st century! Have they not heard of a bank transfer? After all I have been through the least I expected from them was to pay up on time! A stern e-mail to Andy Baker is definitely in order and I shall be hopefully firing that off later today.
For any new potential customers reading this I highly recommend you run far far away from these cowboys!

Thanks for getting in touch andycamp87.
I have spoken with our finance team regarding your cheque and it is in the process of being raised. Once this has been received, it will be signed off and dispatched to you by recorded delivery through Royal Mail.
Finance have advised they expect the cheque to be signed off early next week. It will be dispatched shortly afterwards.
Please let me know if you do not receive your cheque and I will chase this for you.
Thank you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser

What a poor response from PN,
Final final note....
Even after being ordered by CISAS to issue me an apology and compensation the deadline (4 weeks) come and went. Only after having to chase them further have I received a response in full from them:

What is PN excuse for not doing this within the time frame given by CISAS? , and then the customer has to chase PN for a response, on the ruling what went in their favour.
Shockingly bad servile by PN. A prime example how not to handle a complaint. Out of interest who is now the PN complaints manager ? 
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

A particularly poor response on the Financial reimbursement component.  The 'Fast Transfer'  Banking service has been Live and operational now for about two years!  Typical time taken to transfer direct to account is Two Hours. 
The Major problem is in the upgrade needed to the Plusnet office system to interact with the Banks.
I have a mental image of a frazzled accountant with a quill pen and a bottle of ink, laboriously writing each cheque and then placing it the Internal Mail Out tray to move onto the next processing step.

Is there yet a series of dates for the upgrades to the Main upgrades to the Back Office / Provisioning / Fault reports components?

Maurice

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I understand the system
Clerk in the Accounts dept receives the instruction
Refers up to manager (he is away or too busy so it sits there for a few days)
Manager decides that is above his responsibility level and refers it up to Head of Department (who eventually gets round to it after a few days)
Head of Department says - what the heck is this let me see the paperwork (another few days pass and the paperwork arrives)
Head of department approves it and the information is passed back to the clerk who generates the cheque
Cheque then goes up the tree via the normal system for signature by an authorised person (however it needs two signatures and that loses a few more days)
Letter is then typed and printed and signed before being matched up to the cheque and sent to the post room for dispatch.
Of course one more thing which I forgot to mention - cheques are only signed on a Friday and you missed the deadline - another week lost

Or am I just a miserable old scrote
Luzern
Hero

A systems and time and motion study reveals that the work load of the accounts department requires upgrading and additional staff. The board in discussions with the finance officer decide the cost is too high, both in terms of both capital and revenue. They decide outsourcing is the answer.
Result? The correspondence gets completely lost. Roll_eyes Shocked
OJ You're just not cynical enough! Grin
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.