cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime Calls Price Drop?

jo11yr0ger
Dabbler

Anytime Calls Price Drop?

Can someone tell me, since when has anytime calls been £3:50 as i have not been notified about the fall and have been paying £5:00.  If i have been emailed about it a may have deleted without reading as like most i have an avalanche of email everyday which i don't get time to read.  Surely if a price is dropped i should be notified with email(marked high priority) or maybe a message on the plusnet website would be nice or even better a phone call to let me know.  Otherwise just move me onto the cheaper package so i am not being overcharged for something.
Can someone also tell me whether customer support is open today as i have a few other issues that need clearing up.
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Anytime Calls Price Drop?

You are on the old anytime package which includes 300 minutes of free international calls
The new and cheaper one doesn't
http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home_phone/product_archive.shtml
James
Grafter

We're always open Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Unless you want Cancellations  Crazy
jo11yr0ger
Dabbler

Quote from: Oldjim
You are on the old anytime package which includes 300 minutes of free international calls
The new and cheaper one doesn't
http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home_phone/product_archive.shtml

Well that's great if you call international numbers but i don't so i've been paying extra for no reason whatsoever is what your saying.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Yes, if you don't make use of the inclusive 300 minutes of international calls you'd have saved £1.50 per month by changing to the new Talk Anytime product introduced on 17th December 2010. Details of this were included in the VAT FAQs notice posted on the website on 30th November 2010 referenced in an email to customers in the first week of December 2010. A copy of the email should be in a service notice on your account.
David
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

As with all broadband packages, plusnet don't automatically change customers on to new phone products. It is, and always has been, the customers responsibility to ensure they are on the package that best suits them, and only they can know that. This is especially true if the new packages offer different options - if Plusnet had changed everyone to the new phone package those that do use the 300 intl minutes would have suddenly started paying more. I certainly would not expect that to happen.
Hence the need to read all Plusnet announcements and visit the website frequently so you know about new products.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

PlusNet has the data available to identify those immediately affected by tariff/package changes. If P/N chose to send an additional email at the time of changes to those people it might remove the suspicion that leaves existing clients on more expensive  tariffs. I'm afraid the HitchHiker's Guide Vogon philosophy of "We posted a notice in Alpha Centuri" doesn't really wash for an organisation that markets itself as being customer friendly.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

they did vary the December e-mail, I am on an old heritage phone package that suits me, so I did not get the standard one.
The complainer admitted that he junks most of his e-mails wiithout looking at them, so he only has himself to blame
pierre_pierre
Grafter

just dug mine out
Service Notification
12:00am, Friday 3 Dec 2010
Your username: {username}
Hello.

Important information about your Plusnet service.

it does say important, as requested by the complainer

my second paragraph - as I wasnt on the 300 mins
Did you know you could save money by upgrading to our new Talk Anytime call plan? You'll still get inclusive calls to UK landlines and 0845 / 0870 numbers, but you'll be able to chat any time of the day without worrying about call charges. What's more you' ll get 25% off our international call rates to the EU, the USA and Canada, as well as Australia and New Zealand. Our new Talk Anytime plan will be just £3.50 a month from January, but we're offering it to you FREE for 3 months.^
http://www.plus.net/go.html/get_free_calls
We're making some changes to our Home Phone service in January too. Our charge for line rental will be £11.99 a month. We'll no longer offer 300 inclusive international minutes on our Talk Evenings & Weekends call tariff and off peak hours are changing to 7pm - 7am.
Call prices are changing too, so please take a look at our updated call tariff for this important information: http://www.plus.net/go.html/jan2011_tariff