cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else feel conned?

psd1959

Anyone else feel conned?

I'm on the cheap 10 gig per month set up, my new month starts this wedneday 5th midnight . i have just gone over my limit, 4th can't afford to pay an extra £5. So there i was tryin to watch iplayer.. impossible, i do a speed check, 284kbs ?? i phone plusnet to find out why the speed was slow, this was me going over my limit. I then asked why had it been capped as my new month starts in under 24hrs.... Because you;ve gone over your 10 gigs sir... yes, i know that, but after midnight it's free so why has my speed not gone back to what it was?? because you've gone over your monthly allowance sir...  Angry i know that... my point is why has it not gone back up after midnight then capped again at 8am?? our system does not work like that sir, WELL IT [Censored] SHOULD!... if it's free after midnight then thats what it should be F R E E ! and so it went on. etc etc, Link:censored all will be done, time to look elsewhere for proper FREE after midnight service
rant over.... 4 now.
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak) avoidance of swear filter removed
5 REPLIES 5
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Anyone else feel conned?

Hi psd1959,
I see what you are saying there but we do clearly state here that it will be restricted until your next billing date.
Jojo
psd1959

i don't give a toss what it says "here"..  it's supposed to be free after midnight end off!  and what about  the unused bandwidth, ... your company must have people who could programme things so any unused would be carried forward. Dont reply, i'm not interested in excuses.
Heloman
Grafter

I don't see that you've been conned at all:
1.  The initial fault was yours. You went over your paid-for limit therefore the speed was restricted and normal "free" downloads no longer apply as you were "out of contract".
2.  It is nonsense to suggest that unused bandwidth should be carried over from month to month. PN would need to obtain much more bandwidth and  the cost of it would mean making all their products more expensive and un-competitive..
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

And I don't feel conned either, but then I read the terms before I signed up Crazy
In fact I joined with the same 10 gig deal from an unlimited account so was completely unaware of what my usage was. Now I know and am on 60GB but it is still cheaper than my previous ISP. This is my problem nt PNs, thet put out their offering any you take it or not  Roll_eyes
And dont abuse the staff and use foul language they cant answer back Angry
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

mod:note
Locked, before it descends any lower. 
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'