cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another one had enough

skuffdj
Grafter

Another one had enough

This is a joke now.. For 2 weeks ive had nothing but trouble with cod6 on my  xbox.. Getting red ping peak times, then as soon as the 'capping' stops at 00.30 i go up to 4 solid green bars.. Unlimited is the worst internet product i have ever had.. Yes you do get unlimited downloads between 00.30 and 11.30, but between 11.30 and 00.30 its a joke.. Usenet gets speeds of 10kbps youtube is unwatchable, and now my xbox wont play games online.. I have a new phone line in my new house, 1/4 mile from the exchange, all the tests come back that i have an A rated quality phone line.. New wires, new filters and its still the same.. Then magically when the Plusnet restrictions lift, everything is fine.. I contacted customer service to try and switch to pro so i wouldn't get any restrictions, but they said they can't do it till the 30th, so over a week since i ordered
Very dissapointed
12 REPLIES 12
Mark
Grafter

Re: Another one had enough

Hi there
I'm sorry to hear your experience has not been up to scratch.
I'll suggest that as soon as a member of the Comms Team see your request to move to Pro in the morning some sort of magic will be worked.
Your gaming experience shoudl be great on our network and I'd like to see us get into some diagnostics as to the root cause of your issues.
Have you checked out the status of your exchange http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ to eliminate problems eminating from there?
Can you post up some router stats and perhaps the results of a BT Speedtest ?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I can switch you to Pro now if you like however I'm not convinced that this will resolve your problems if they're as bad as you say they are. You shouldn't be having too many problems with YouTube and most of your Xbox gaming should be kosher too! Both of these activities are treated the same whether the P2P/Usenet rate limits etc. are in place or not. Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

skuffdj
Grafter

I would appreciate if you would.. My exchange is fine and on green status.. I would just like to see what its like without any restrictions, as after 00.30 when they have been lifted its fine.. Web browsing is perfect 24/7 but i went with plusnet for gaming
stormrunner
Dabbler

hi skuffdj
seems ur having the same problem as me,
although mine has only been like it is for the past couple of weeks  before that my first 2 months were great.
maybe we could sleep during the day and go online after midnite....hmm
Cheesy
skuffdj
Grafter

Exactly the same mate.. The first few months were fine, but the last few weeks have been terrible.. Someone else i see had the same probs that were sorted when he switched to pro, but the only downside is the 20gb limit
dick:quote
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've completed the change to Pro for you now.
skuffdj
Grafter

Ok thank you.. Do i have to reset the router or anything?
Mand
Grafter

Yeah, a reboot will update your profile (it would happen automatically, but a reboot will speed it up).
skuffdj
Grafter

Well im not supprised.. All limitations taken off the line by plusnet and i can play again.. I didn't get red ping once, and had 3/4 bars in every game.. Guess i was right. The 20gb limit is the problem now, so as soon as my 12 months are up im off as BT etc have a fair usage of 50gb which for the extra £5 is well worth it
skuffdj
Grafter

Well just updating, but since the switch to pro its been a hell of a lot better.. Yesterday i had 4 green bars for 70% of the time, and the rest of the time i was on 3 bars.. Can anyone explain why when i was on the unlimited package i was only getting 1 red bar most of the time?
SparckZero
Grafter

@skuffdj:
I'm not too sure to be honest - I'm on the Unlimited Package and have yet to experience any serious lag on CoD MW2 whatsoever - yes, there's the odd blip, but certainly not to the extent you're describing  Undecided
skuffdj
Grafter

They must of been limiting mine too much mate, Cant think of another reason.. Last night i had 4 green bars in all but 2 games.. Just too much of a coincidence that when they removed the peak restrictions, everythings better than ever