Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another one bites the dust.

wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Another one bites the dust.

As expected the problems with the service transfer - so far- have  been with PlusNet.

I had a domain S6ook.co.uk that was hosted by PlusNet - albeit one of the free ones we were gifted when the E-mail debacle happened.

I decided to move it to 123-REG. Initiated the transfer on Wednesday by setting the tag to123-REG

Still no progress from Plusnet's side by this evening. The domain still has a FORCE9 ( PlusNet)Tag. I have tried to chase the issue via Chat, but there does no seem to be anyone who cares at PlusNet.

If anyone at PlusNet can help - it would be appreciated.

wisty
Pro

As promised a final update on the changeover.

It was due "before midnight" on Monday the 23rd. New kit arrived as promised on Friday 20th (see below). On the Monday I was going out first thing. At 8:30am Internet was down was down (getting an Openreach page about realms). Swapped the username on the existing Billion router, restarted it and went out. When I got back at 11:00 BT internet was live. I am synced at 54995/9999 on the 55/10 product. Phone line and caller ID all live. It looks like the changeover happened just after 7:00 from the logs. Factory reset (keeping recordings) on the existing YouView+ box and BT TV replaced PlusNet.  No pain at all. 

Only one BT issue, and I am well pleased so far with their customer service in fixing it. I had ordered in the expectation of getting a UHD YouView+ box. What arrived was a standard HD box. I opened a live chat ( waiting time <2minutes) on the Friday (before the service went live) and was told sorry - because Openreach's guaranteed speed for the line is below 44Meg we can only supply HD not UHD service. After a couple of transfers - the chat operator rang me on the land line and then transferred me to the relevant people - and I explained that the line was much faster  because of the vectoring, they said ring back on Monday when the line is live and we can see the true speeds and we should be able to sort it.

Rang back Monday afternoon after the service went live and got agreement to supply UHD. New UHD box arrived Wednesday as promised, with free returns bag for HD box arriving Friday. Swapped the boxes, all worked fine except the UHD channel. Called to ask why, and was told it would be set up. However by Friday night still no UHD channel. Called again about 6:30pm and after lots of checking the problem was escalated and I was promised a call back within two days. 10:00am this morning (Saturday) I was called by BT, and told the problem was fixed - he stayed on the line until I had verified it. So well pleased.

PlusNet eventually released the domain on the Monday morning. The E-mail account was changed to a free one rather than the paid mail only one - but when I raised a ticket it was swapped to mail only. PlusNet have stopped the charges for Broadband and Phone on my last bill, but did charge me for TV and have taken the direct debit for that. However to be fair they did notice and opened a ticket to say they would refund the money next week when the DD completes.

I will still lurk here. But all in all (sorry Shutter) a relatively painless transfer and not only am I saving money, but I don't feel that I am being ripped off because I am in Market 1. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how the changeover went @wisty

I'm happy to hear it went relatively smoothly.

...but when I raised a ticket it was swapped to mail only. PlusNet have stopped the charges for Broadband and Phone on my last bill, but did charge me for TV and have taken the direct debit for that. However to be fair they did notice and opened a ticket to say they would refund the money next week when the DD completes.

That was me Smiley

I will still lurk here.

Glad to hear you're going to stick around! Thumbs_Up

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wisty
Pro

Well it was smooth. @Gandalf's refund of the TV money happened as promised, and all was calm and bright as per the season.

Then this morning (24th December) I get notification - as expected - from PlusNet that they have taken £1.06 for the E-mail account services.

Plus, as a bonus Christmas present to themselves, a second notification that they were planning to take £13.00 on the 29th for my services. 

Quick peek at my Bills showed that this was for the BT TV service!!

Quick chat session to ****** resolved it - that DD will go through and be refunded. Hope this doesn't become a habit - borrowing £13.00 from me each month until payday!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear that. Leave this with me to look into when I’m back in the office on Boxing Day.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm not too sure why we've charged for something that isn't showing on your account.

So I've raised a task to our ASG (application support group) team to investigate the root cause.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet