cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another engineer didn't arrive post

mattdee

Another engineer didn't arrive post

I made the mistake of upgrading from ADSL to Fiber, booked a day of work and waited for the engineer to show.
Amazingly I had an email telling my order is complete and I have now been switched over but of course the engineer didn't arrive, tried to call but the 15 minute waiting time doesn't seem to be accurate, after 45 mins I get disconnected.
So now I am in a situation, I still have ADSL but I am not sure if  that will be cut off, and it looks like I am now paying for a service that hasn't even been installed yet.
Is anyone at plusnet there? What do I do? Should I be worried?
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Another engineer didn't arrive post

Plusnet should be getting £45 from OpenReach for the failed appointment. Make sure you ask Plusnet for adequate compensation!
http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen...
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mattdee

Thanks jelv
Amazingly I have used my entire months allowance in on my mobile contract in just 1 day  just calling plusnet so I don't think £45 really covers the cost.
On the one hand I am sympathetic to plusnet because they are suffering by the poor performance of the engineering firm that deals with it.
The waiting time when calling the support line is horrendous and if they can not improve that then I will have to take my business else  where as they simply do not have the ability to keep the channels of communication open.
I did manage to get through to someone in the end but the reason why I made a post here is out of desperation to try and find out what will happen.
But anyway it turns out the engineer decided to reschedule my installation for January 8th; would have been nice if they could at least phone to ask if that day is O.K. with me.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Doesn't the contract on your mobile include 01/02/03 calls? (I hope you were not calling the 0800 number from your mobile!)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

If ringing from a mobile, this free app can save you a small fortune. It basically holds your place in the que, then disconnects the call, (so not using any of your mins ), when an agent answers reconnects the call. I use it most of the time when calling PN due to the ridiculous wait times at the moment 
http://www.weq4u.co.uk/
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mattdee

Thanks for your tips, but the reason for posting here is to find out if any one actually works at plusnet anymore.
When I phone them I get the "We are sorry about the delay, but we are opening a new call center in Leeds" message. I would rather have someone take my call in India rather than listen to a Yorkshire guy telling me to have my username and password ready for an hour.
But right now what my main concern is not the cost but will my broadband go down, if the order has been flagged as complete which is what I see when I log into my account I have no idea if the ADSL line will be terminated. Although I did get through to a guy on technical support who assured me that  it is unlikely but couldn't be 100% certain.
In regards to compensation I have to do this online as they need to investigate the issue so I may get a response --ahem-- soon.
I have tried to call the provisions team this morning who work up until 5:30pm on a Saturday but I couldn't get through.
So every thing rests on someone reading my complaint to try and sort things out.