Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another PN contract renewal screw up!!!

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Another PN contract renewal screw up!!!

I called to renew my contract a couple of days ago & received what I thought was a good deal from a young lady for another 24 months. I even praised her on the forum.
I was slightly suspicious earlier today when I received an email confirming my "product change". Roll_eyes
My worst suspicions were confirmed this afternoon when my upload fell to 1.7 Mbps. Angry
I did all of the normal things before reporting a fault. During a long conversation with tech. support it became obvious that I had indeed been but onto a 40/2 service!! Why on earth does this keep happening? It is either sheer incompetence or poor training by Plusnet. I was eventually transferred to customer services & hopefully the situation is now rectified. Sad
If not I will be leaving. Please will a PN staff member ensure that the offending female employee who caused this c*ck up is fully debriefed & informed of my displeasure? Angry
I'm glad to report that within an hour of my call, my speeds are returning to normal, as promised by B****  in CS. Please pass on my thanks & I'll call in sometime for that promised pint.
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Another PN contract renewal screw up!!!

Mistakes do happen but I am sorry about this.
I'm glad to see it's been quickly corrected too.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tijara33
Pro

I'm glad to see it's been quickly corrected too.

I was most impressed Adam, both by the speed of answering my call & the logical way it was sorted out. Hopefully my download speed will fully recover over the next couple of weeks. Huh
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hopefully my download speed will fully recover over the next couple of weeks.

It should do over the next few days, due to DLM it just takes a little longer than the change to the upstream.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tijara33
Pro

It should do over the next few days,

All back to normal this morning, the DLM is working well. Smiley
tijara33
Pro

Amazingly enough I'm now getting my best ever speeds, 48/12! No, not jet propulsion but I am >500m from my cab. Cheesy
This must have been caused by my "profile reset" after the renewal c*ck up.  Smiley