Did you mean: 

Andy Baker's first anniversary

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Andy Baker's first anniversary

See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,120823.0.html
In a few days will we celebrate the first anniversary of Andy's appointment as the 'new' CEO of PlusNET?  Will there be cake, a candle and bubbly or beer and sandwiches down the pub?
During that year the community has been asked (on several occasions) to offer suggestions on what might be considered to be the top priorities for PlusNET to improve the customer experience.  The community responded both positively and enthusiastically with lots of great ideas, but we never saw a priority list out of that input.  The key people involved in the process of presenting that input to Andy were simply too snowed under, fire fighting the day to day issues of delivering service, many of those issues arising out of failures within BTOR.  We all know the key issues - order process failures - appointment no shows - wrong engineer attendance - no available connections found...
In the autumn of 2013 we were being advised that all of the ordering issues would be addressed by the new provisioning system early in the new year... yes we know what happened to that.
It would be great to see a blog / post from the CEO's office on his reflections of his first year at the helm of PlusNET.  What has gone well, what could have been done better, how things will be improved quickly and most importantly what has he done personally to ensure HIS customers are receiving an improved service from not only 'his' company but also 'his' suppliers, be they friend or foe alike.
As a starter for 10 might I suggest some 'hot spots' for his consideration...
Orders lost between PN & BT systems
BTOR appointment failures
BTOR protracted repair times
Extended response times on both phone answering and ticket responses
Delivery of new PlusNET commercial systems - provisioning / billing / user portal / fault reporting
IP v6 trail 'failure'
BNG MSOs (is this &IPv6 status related?  We still await an explanation)
Secure email
DCT to CRT change - it is getting better, but the change ought to have been transparent to users
And on the upside...
Competitive and attractive packages, albeit only for new customers
The professionalism and patience of the front end staff - call centres & CRT - (who keep shovelling the issues whilst nothing seems to be improving) should be recognised as being exceptional for it is them who make the difference around here.
I have previously raised this idea with two senior members of the CRT who thought it an interesting idea - Andy we all await your response.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Andy Baker's first anniversary

+1 to that Kevin
I have to say though - personally I have very few issues, and those I have raised on here (very few) and on the phone, have been dealt with swiftly and effectively.
John
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

There is one very important thing missing from your "Starter for 10" list Kevin, and it should be at the top of the list -
Security
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I wonder if PN staff here have passed this Post UPstairs  Cheesy
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

What he should be doing is helping the people who pay is wages and getting on the back of BTO to make installation and repairs are carried out in a timely manner. If ISP CEO stuck together they could get things changed.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Happy first anniversary Andy!!!  Cheesy
So what are your headline memories (best and worse) of your first year?
Best wishes,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.