Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An idea

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

An idea

Recently i got fibre installed but it was only because a friend said to me that it might be in my area now otherwise i dont think id have checked. So i was thinking what if plusnet added an icon into the connection settings on everyones account with an option to see if they are able to get fibre. Lots of customers out there still dont know what fibre is or where to look for info on it, so why not add an icon where any plusnet customer can run a short test to see if they are able to get it then if its possible they may upgrade right away within the their account instead of searching around the net for other deals.
just an idea  Cheesy
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: An idea

How about this ? -
When the monthly Plusnet script that produces the "Billing Notification" email runs,  it could be expanded to include a lookup to see whether the customer connection could be upgraded (e.g. ADSL to fibre,  or 20CN to 21CN, etc), and when the result comes back different (from the last monthly check),  then an additional email could be produced notifying of the opportunity to upgrade.
Smiley
St3
Aspiring Champion

but still have the options in the connection settings because those icons in there stand out and are easy to manage.. nice idea tho pal but mines better Tongue
Anonymous
Not applicable

The trouble is your suggestion already exists !
On most pages in the Plusnet "Member Centre" there is a tab called "Product Change",  you click on that and then on "Change my products", and that will give you a customised rundown of what upgrade options are available on your specific line.

The bigger problem is that I doubt if many customers often visit the "Member Centre" after their initial sign-up.
An automated notification with the billing email would reach everyone, and customers would have enough time to upgrade their account before their next billing date - thereby minimising delays, as product changes can often only be processed on the monthly billing date.
Tongue
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Now girls, play nice... Grin
Don't you think BTOR already has enough difficulty delivering to the pro-active upgraders without the burden of waking-up sleeping and otherwise content ADSL users to the wonders and challenges of FTTC supply?  Shocked Cool

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

St3
Aspiring Champion

yes but people may feel uneasy about clicking on product change without checking first. Im only offering an idea which i personally feel would be that little bit easy.
Its all good here Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We do send specific targetting messaging where fibre has been recently installed, however not everyone is opted in to these messages. Adding a link on the website might be helpful, but when you first go to www.plus.net there's an option to see what's available now. Thanks for the suggestion St3.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Townman
Don't you think BTOR already has enough difficulty delivering to the pro-active upgraders without the burden of waking-up sleeping and otherwise content ADSL users to the wonders and challenges of FTTC supply?  Shocked Cool

Wouldn't it make things easier for BT if all the potential customers were told within the first month,  then a gang of installation engineers could do the initial surge in upgrades within a short period of time, rather than being called out in dribs and drabs over a long period of time.
I would have thought it would be in BT's interest to have as many customers upgrade, as it shortens the time for their return on investment.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Purleigh,
As ever, there is great merit in what you suggest, however you fail to recognise that organisations such as BT are not run by "positive thinking" people.  Wink Cheesy  I am sure that - if having put fibres to cabinets - it would be more cost effective to BT to simply change everyone to fibre who is presently on ADSL for free.
That would take the stress of the e-side circuits which then only need to be adequate for voice services and not that pesky ADSL stuff.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

STE be careful as you having a idea is bad for your brain  Cheesy
TBH something like that may be ideal  ,  purleigh  had a good idea too when you get you billing Email it could show you available upgrades Smiley
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

One thing that really annoys me is receiving spam like messages - whether it's about the availability of fibre or a charity begging for more donations (unfortunately, the latter is counter-productive as they get "blacklisted" for ignoring "do not contact" requests) even if it's only following a one-off "winter fuel" gift-aid donation.
(I know it should be a happy/good spirited time, but I've just become "even older" Cry  )
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: rongtw
STE be careful as you having a idea is bad for your brain  Cheesy

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Blackadder
[Queen Elizabeth has a lot of good ideas.]
  Nursie: That was another good idea! You are so clever today, you better be careful your foot doesn't fall off.
  Queen Elizabeth: Does that happen, when you have lots of brilliant ideas? Your foot falls off?
  Nursie: Certainly does! My brother, he had this brilliant idea of cutting his toenails with a scythe, and his foot fell off.
  Grin
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.