cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being stupid - how do I close a question

tonycollinet
Grafter

Am I being stupid - how do I close a question

Currently have 3 questions open (two raised by plusnet for the same issue). I need to raise another to ask why I've been overcharged, but need to close one of the others first.
I must be being really stupid, because I cannot find how to close a ticket. I'm looking at the list of questions, and there seems to be no close option. There is also nothing if I view the question. All I can do is click on "add more info" and there is no close option in there either.
Shocked
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Am I being stupid - how do I close a question

I think that if the ticket is raised by Plusnet you don't have the option of closing it by replying to the "Is your problem solved" or something like that
tonycollinet
Grafter

Thanks Oldjim - I've put my question into the appropriate forum for now.

And a suggestion to Plusnet - how about having the number of questions restricted to 3 CLOSABLE questions. Those raised by plusnet, which cannot be closed by the user should not count. (Especially where you have raised two for the same issue)
Thanks.
jkerr82508
Grafter

I had raised a fault and after it was fixed, I looked for a way to close the ticket. Since there was none, I asked and was told that if no more comments were added, it would be closed automatically after two weeks.
Jim
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Yes, all tickets are closed after 2 weeks of being with yourself if no action is taken, otherwise if you add comments that passes it back to us upon which we can close it for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
,,,pass it back to us upon which we can close it for you.

Adam,
I know how hard you already work on support and the forums, do you not have enough to do?  Do you guys really need the additional work load of responding to customer's 'additional comments' when all they want is to be able to close the ticket.  Also it might take PN several days to process the closure request, during which time the OP cannot raise a new ticket.  Can we please just have an "issue resolved" button on the view question page?
On one of my referral accounts I have two PN raised 'questions' - one tells me that Bob P mistakenly sent me an email on a service change (something I know the full details of because I've been working with Bob on the matter) and the other to tell me I phoned up earlier today to enquire about the progress of my phone line transfer.  Neither have a "problem" fixed option.  So for the next 14 (or if I increase your workload, 2 or 3) days I had better be very careful about how I spend my one remaining support ticket life!  Crazy
If I were cynical, I might suspect that this is a neat trick to limit one to 3 contacts with PN per rolling 14 days.  Nahh you'd not do that would you?  Wink
Regards,
Kevin
PS: Or better still, can the systems which adds the "we are just keeping you informed" question to our question history please add them as closed questions?
Edited to add the PS.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldricky
Grafter
Fixes: 6

Being new to Plusnet and wishing to report a problem with evidence attached I discovered I couldn't due to already having 4 outstanding questions.

ONLY one of these so-called questions is mine - the others are email notifications from Plusnet related to my orders. So I've joined the forum expecting to find a way of closing them only discover this surprising 'feature'.

I'm amazed that this 'How Do I Close A Question' was raised as long ago as it was and still no solution by Plusnet. Surely there is a simple fix that could be implemented. I was in the IT industry for nearly 40 years and know how straight forward such functionality could be incorporated.

Two of them will soon be 14 days old so at least I'll be able to raise a call using the system.

But it really does need to be sorted.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there @Baldricky I've closed the oldest 2 tickets from your account now. As for raising a question yourself from the Member Centre, this is something we've removed in favour of webchat which offers more of an immediate response.

I apologise for any disappointment caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Baldricky
Grafter
Fixes: 6

Thank you @Anous for dealing with that but they were 15 days old today so should have closed themselves according to what I've read elsewhere.

Maybe some simple guidelines for new customers on the best ways of reporting problems might help. Trying to reach Plusnet by phone on two occasions took me 30 and 40 minutes. Not ideal but the support has been good.

Thanks, again.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

No problems, and whilst we've removed the ticket system you are still able to report a broadband/phone fault to us by completing the broadband troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net Once raised our faults team aim to be in touch within 72 hours.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button