cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative contact option

RogerW10
Hooked

Alternative contact option

I would appreciate an alternative to telephone support, I work long hours cannot find time in my working day to call for 'a chat'. Email from saying direct debit not paid. Went to bank 31st Jan, said that you would re-present DD for payment, you keep emailing payment not received. Have been with Plusnet for several years, beginning to wonder if wise renewing for yet another 12 months.

10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Alternative contact option

have you tried at weekends as I hope you don't work 7 days a wweek

Anon
Pro

@RogerW10 wrote:

I would appreciate an alternative to telephone support, I work long hours cannot find time in my working day to call for 'a chat'. Email from saying direct debit not paid. Went to bank 31st Jan, said that you would re-present DD for payment, you keep emailing payment not received. Have been with Plusnet for several years, beginning to wonder if wise renewing for yet another 12 months.

It's either the dreadful loud repetitive music or the online chat. Sorry if that don't fit your lifestyle they are out of office.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I've looked into your account @RogerW10 and I can see you should be able to pay your bill online by card at www.plus.net/pay without having to call us.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Will you be refunding him the extra fee for paying by card?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

One off card payments do not incur the non direct debit processing fee.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
RogerW10
Hooked

Why can't Plusnet re-present direct debt like other companies do, it would save all this hassle. Now I've been notified of re-stricted service. Having been a customer for several years am beginning to regret signing up for an additional 12 months.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

The system will not automatically resubmit a direct debit once it fails. You can resubmit the direct debit instruction online yourself at www.plus.net/pay

I wouldn't recommend this though, because it can take 5-7 working days to clear and for us to receive the money, during which time we would not remove failed billing restrictions if any are applied.

You can pay safely and securely by card at www.plus.net/pay

I hope this helps clarify things.

Anon
Pro

I am still waiting for a DD to clear after I returned one to you when you got it badly wrong and cannot change a DD once notified. I did it that way because, as I said on my ticket, I just don't trust Pnet with my CC information. Not with that billing system, not likely.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
RogerW10
Hooked

I work in an Emergency Department, so yes, do work weekends

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @RogerW10, it looks like the previous post on this thread was quite some time ago (February 2017). Is this post in the right place or is there anything else we can help with?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet