cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Webmail - looks good

wewerethere

Advanced Webmail - looks good

Hi guys - the new Advanced Webmail interface looks nice, and sooooooo much faster than the standard interface.
Can I also say to the people who have had added so many negative comments recently - we've been with F9/Plusnet for over 10 years now in 2 houses.  We've had the odd niggle, but generally we're very happy with the service.  My only gripe is upload speed as I take and sell photographs and it takes for ever to upload a quality image, but that's about it and that is down to the exchange hardware and our distance from it.  Our phone is through them as well.  If you can persevere then it should all sort itself out.
I'm a nearly 50-yr old IT Consultant, IT Manager, Sysadmin and VB.Net developer so I probably understand the technical side more than most and I'd have no hesitation in recommending them.  I've found the helpdesk guys helpful and polite and any online questions answered within a reasonable time - which for me is 1-2 days.  You can't expect an instant reply from a company like this - you'd need thousands of call center staff which simply isn't viable.
And just in case anyone is wondering - apart from having my BB and phone through PlusNet - I am in no way affiliated to them.
And I don't live in Yorkshire.  ;0)
15 REPLIES 15
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Advanced Webmail - looks good

Hi wewerethere,
Thanks for the positive feedback. With regard to your upload it's showing as uncapped here, are you having issues with it?
Jojo Smiley
wewerethere

No - it's just not very quick but as I said I think that's down to the exchange.  I had it uncapped a few weeks ago, and it's a s high as they can get it but uploading 15 10MB files does take a while.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

How long does that typically take? Smiley
mattdanielc
Grafter

Whilst the advanced webmail does look great - why do we have adverts on the bottom of the login screen - surely because we pay for plus net - we shouldn't have to have adverts at the bottom for completely random things?
Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
The platform is still in beta and we haven't ruled out removing the adverts, however things are still under discussion and we do need to look at getting some kind of revenue from the webmail platform if possible. Obviously as things develop we'll keep everyone posted.
mattdanielc
Grafter

Thanks for the response Matt.
Like I said, it looks and works great.  But I do think it shouldn't have adverts.  For a start it doesn't look professional.  But secondly we pay our monthly fees to you and imo that means we shouldn't have to put up with adverts on the webmail - I'm sure BT etc don't?  Adverts advertising your own company is fine - but not random stuff like it currently has.  It's what you expect on facebook or other free email suppliers, not our broadband supplier.
That's my two pennies worth anyway Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

....however things are still under discussion

Off the back of these discussions we will be removing the adverts from webmail at some point in the not too distant future.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: mattdanielc
we shouldn't have to put up with adverts on the webmail - I'm sure BT etc don't?

There are adverts on the BT Yahoo! webmail platform, both on the sign-in screen and in the in-box.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

FYI rather than removing ads altogether we'll be replacing them with our own banners.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Heloman
Grafter

There is no problem with adverts or PN  banners if you are using either Firefox or Chrome. Just use AdBlock Plus:
http://adblockplus.org/en/firefox
http://adblockplus.org/en/chrome
Sorry Adam. Smiley
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I don't get the adverts in the first place...
(The green boxes are the result of Norton Identity Safe)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I'd rather have the Ad's than pay more for the service  Crazy
At least I have the option to block them if I choose - but as they generally aren't random and are related (cookies) to web sites I've visited, they don't usually bother me.  Wink
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Heads up that the ads have been removed now.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
FYI rather than removing ads altogether we'll be replacing them with our own banners.

Who's the lucky DCT member who's referral id will be used with them?  Roll_eyes
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)