cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition to usage information.

aknowles11

Addition to usage information.

What I would like to see is something that my last ISP had.  As well as having information about how much usage has been used, they gave you an estimate of how much usage you would have at the end of the billing period.
It can't be that hard to impliment and would be of great help to people who frequently go over the usage limit.
7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Addition to usage information.

it would seem a little pointless to me, my usage varies by GB a day so to attempt to guess what I would have used by the end of the month would be a waste of time.
so if I used 1GB on day 1 my estimated usage would be 30GB
day 2 I used 10GB my estimated usage would now be 450GB
and likely hood is it's somewhere in between which is really of no benefit.
unless I'm missing something?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
matt_2k34
Grafter

for once, i agree with dvorak.
Unless you do the same sort of thing day in day out, for the same amount of time, it wont be able to make a 'valid' estimation.
Using something like Consume (for iPhone) will tell you how many GB/s per day you have left until the end of your billing month.... THAT would be more useful to show imo.
Regards
Mav
Fixes: 515

It's quite a simple calculation to take the current usage divide it by the number of days already passed then multiply by the number of days in the billing month.
I've done this sort of thing regularly since I was on Premire Option 1.
Now I'm on Unlimited I just do it for fun Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

matt_2k34
Grafter

Quote from: Mav
It's quite a simple calculation to take the current usage divide it by the number of days already passed then multiply by the number of days in the billing month

I Agree, however its easier if its already written down Wink
Regards
aknowles11

Thats kind of my point.  All i had to do was login and it was there.  My last isp were fantastic, if not a little over the top, at giving you usage information.  (so much so that the web address for the information was called "clueless" :P).  I don't need it much anymore, but when i was monitering the internet for a family of 5, and having the usage based on units rather than GBs, where the ammount of GBs per unit varied depending on what time of day you used it...... it got confusing trying to calculate manually.
dick:quote
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I prefer the table the way PN do it then I can say to the family what were you doing on the 16th or something similar  Wink
also you can identify unusual events and make your own guess what is coming. i probably need to consider football fixtures for instance  Cheesy
To do the job any other way you should be considering normal distributions and standard deviations and all that  Crazy
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

IMO I would not like anyone to rely on such a calculation as it would be a very rough or even totally inaccurate approximation for a lot of users.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team