Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Day!

ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Activation Day!

Well, there I was this morning, up with the larks at 5.30 am.
Why so early, you ask?
Today was the day of my very much anticipated switch from ADSL to Fibre!
The day really dragged as I kept checking to see if my switch had happened. I lost track of the number of mugs of coffee I consumed and the number of times I checked my smartphone for loss of wireless.
Nodded off at 14.10 for 20 minutes! Checked my phone again. Oh no! Still not on Fibre, so made another cup of coffee!
Then, at 16.10 my adsl departed. Oh yes, I'm on fibre! And lo and behold - I was!!
All up and running at 16.15.
So, a big thank you to Plusnet and OR for delivering my fibre on the date promised.
Having been with Plusnet now for over 7 years, I can only say that they "have done me proud!" in all that time.
So to all at Plusnet Towers, keep up the good work and don't be too disheartened by the small number of detractors. This is one very happy Irish Yorkshire man ( or should that be a Yorkshire Irish man?)
Well done!
Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Activation Day!

@Mr Chips
Your download speed is still set to your ADSL speed by the test results you've given.
Check here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed and when it is set to the top speed, log onto the router, click "disconnect", wait a minute and then click "connect"
If it is not set to the FTTC speed by tomorrow then call/chat with Plusnet and get the speed corrected.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@SpendLessTime
Many thanks for your reply. However, I am well aware of the vagaries of broadband and in my exuberance posted the speedtest result too early.
You will see from my latest speed test that I am getting up to the correct speed.
By the way, I have given many of my customers the same advice!
Brian
Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Wow, congestion at 09:57 in the morning. Not good  Sad
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT