Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acount cock up again

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Acount cock up again

Hi Samuria,
Connection is looking very good, very few errors on there from checking the status. I'm just talking to one of our faults guys about getting the banding removed now and will post back shortly.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right... in spite of the test showing very few errors it seems that BT still have the line down as erroring a fair bit and the quality is set to amber. This means unfortunately that if we do remove the banding it won't uplift very far and there's also around 50% chance that the banding will be applied again straight away. I suspect that was a problem with the test as further diagnostics are showing errors every 400 seconds or so - this needs to be around the 1000 second mark in order to remove banding.
The agent is suggesting applying interleaving as this will reduce the errors greatly and the ping disruption is much less on 21CN than it is on 20CN.
With regard to the new router, it may have lowered the upload speed slightly but it's dropped the errors from 1 every 29 seconds to 1 every 400 and is also the reason the connection has stabilised, so it's not all bad.
samuria
Grafter

Is this all to do with adsl2+ as I have been getting 7655 meg and above for months and months with drops and never has the profile been banded it goes back to January when I was getting close to 8 meg then down to often 7925 at night. The drops were not even noticeable as it reconnected straight away.
If its just adsl2+ thats the problem and cant be fixed cant I just go back to were I was?
I changed my account etc for adsl2+ as they said it would give me 9 meg. If I am still getting the errors some 60 days after I reported the error this has been going on what is being done to fix it?