cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closure

MikeyM
Grafter

Account closure

Can someone tell me how my account is closed.
I used a MAC code and migrated away, is it all done automatically?
Tks
Michael.
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Account closure

Hi MikeyM,
Yes, our suppliers notify us when you migrate away so your account should close automatically once this happens.
Have you had a date for your migration to the new ISP yet?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MikeyM
Grafter

It was completed on Tuesday.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Embarrassed  Firstly, apologies as your account is still open. I had a bad feeling you might say that you'd already left.
Secondly I'll get this investigated as to why it's happened.
I'll go away and cancel your account now. You should receive confirmation shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
whistler
Grafter

Just my two-penneth...
NEVER rely on any ISP to close your account. The web is littered with stories of accounts been kept open with all manner of novel excuses as to why.
In my case forewarned was forearmed but it still didn't work. As soon as I had my MAC code and had signed up with PN I advised my previous ISP by phone, by email and in writing by recorded delivery to close my account. Still didn't happen. They blamed PN saying that it was up to them to advise I'd migrated. Mind you they also came up with some [Censored] that I hadn't used my MAC code so therefore I couldn't have migrated. Anyway - yada yada yada - the sordid saga is here if you're bored. http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,83077.msg683839.html#msg683839
Moral? - Do it all yourself - in writing - recorded - at least then when you threaten legal action you can do it with confidence.
Dick:red Attempt to circumvent the swear filter edited.
nadger
Rising Star

Couldn't agree more - do it yourself and don't assume others will do it for you.
One ISP can't cancel a contract, for you, with another ISP.
MikeyM
Grafter

I have now been sent an email by plusnet advising me that I owe them money.
I cancelled my DD as soon as I left as there is no way I was letting you help yourself to whateer you wanted, your billing system is a disgrace IMO. If I had not cancelled it you would have taken the wrong amount and then I would have to spend my time trying to get my money back.
I cannot even look at what the invoice is made up of due to my account being on hold, I am being charged a full months subscription.
My last invoice included some time in advance and some in arrears, but as I left last week before my next bill was due there is no way I owe a full month.
Sort it out, is becoming a joke.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

MikeyM,
Apologies for any concern caused by this, your account didn't close off correctly until after this month's billing cycle had caught up with it.
As you had already cancelled your direct debit there was absolutely zero chance of you being charged.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MikeyM
Grafter

I have now had an email stating----
"We're emailing you to let you know that as your cancellation request has
now been placed. Your cancellation will take place on 31/08/2010."
Then I got this a few hours later...
"There's been a problem with processing your broadband order.
Once we've got more details, we'll deal with this and contact you if we need to."
Can you tell me what is going on, I cannot now log onto my account.
Is my account now closed or do I still owe some balance?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Again
I'll investigate this and get a problem raised as you should not have received those messages. I can definitely confirm that your account is closed though.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team