cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closed & Username removed

witsend
Grafter

Account closed & Username removed

I had 4 emails from support@plus.net yesterday; the last one saying that my ticket had been updated and "Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0845 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance."
I tried to log in to my account yesterday, but get "Invalid username or password. Please try again" I'm still getting the same message today.
Given the time it takes Plusnet to answer the phone, I'd rather not sit around listening to on hold music for the morning, so I thought I'd raise the question on here... where's my log-on details gone ?
16 REPLIES 16
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Account closed & Username removed

did you ask for a free PAYG account?
witsend
Grafter

Nope. I've had an account for years.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not looked back at all you posts, bit did you migrate away?, you certainly were threatening to
witsend
Grafter

Yup...  Cry  There seemed to be no other option.
However, I have a query on the closure on my account, but can't now log on to ask....  Sad
I was told that, after closing the account, I would still have a log-on to get to my calls, for any follow-up queries. Mind you, Plusnet told me lots which didn't turn out to be correct.
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) Derogatory trading name edited as per forum rules.
witsend
Grafter

I wish I could get a response from Plusnet as quickly as I get my forum posts moderated...  Embarrassed
(Apparently I can't use the words "pants" and "net" side by side in the same sentence... Roll_eyes )
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Its a new rule, You cant be derogatory here any more.
Derogatory Names
The modification of Plusnet or associated brand names by substituting, removing or adding letters is not needed to make a serious point and is not acceptable on the forums.
Where such an action takes place the moderators will correct the change either manually or automatically and where appropriate advise the poster by PM
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I wish I could get a response from Plusnet as quickly as I get my forum posts moderated.

I'll send you a PM with the details of our ticket response on there.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
witsend
Grafter

"a new rule", eh ? I wonder what could possibly have brought that about.....................  Roll_eyes
witsend
Grafter

Hi Adam,
You don't need to send me the details again. I got all those yesterday. I just can't reply.
I was told that my account would remain open to allow me to update my calls should I have any follow-up queries. Does this not happen ?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I was told that my account would remain open to allow me to update my calls should I have any follow-up queries.

Not unless it's specifically asked for so apologies if you were told this.
I'll reinstate your account as a free pay as you go so that you can check your bills if you need to.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

FYI, I'm experiencing some difficulties with the account change which is going to delay this. Please bear with me and I'll confirm when you should be able to log back in.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
witsend
Grafter

Thank you Adam, that would help.
I was told that I would retain log-in for this purpose, so it was disappointing to see that this wasn't the case... particularly as it appears that, according to the update I got, I'm going to be paying on my account for a few weeks after it was cancelled and my account closed out completely...  Angry  (maybe that's why I've been locked out.... ?)
I'm so disappointed with Plusnet. The work that all you techs do counts for nought when, fundamentally, the service model has broken.
I had no broadband service from the end of Nov, and (after much and repetitious testing) was told that a BT engineer was needed, but an appointment time which worked for me and was fair to my employer couldn't be arranged, but PN could do nothing further...
But when I moved to another ISP, I get...

• cheaper monthly bills

• a larger download allowance

• a d/s connection speed I never saw with PN

• all with no changes to anything in my set-up and no engineer visit.

I hope PN get it sorted soon. Your customers deserve better and frankly so do you guys, who are desperately bailing out a boat badly taking on water.
(PS... the company I work for makes a software app that can calculate and predict likely customer churn based upon various metrics (y'know, negative forum posts, stuff like that). Sounds like something PN might invest in...............  Wink )
witsend
Grafter

I still can't log in...  Huh
Any news as to when my account will be reactivated so I can respond to my tickets please ?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry not yet witsend, I'm working on it. I'll keep you posted.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team